Windows 10: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You can turn off the service: Windows Update. This was done by a Microsoft support tech on one of my computers (perhaps dispelling assertions to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Mike89, Feb 17, 2016.

1. fred3 Win User

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

You can turn off the service: Windows Update. This was done by a Microsoft support tech on one of my computers (perhaps dispelling assertions to the contrary by others). It's worked for us.

fred3, Apr 4, 2018

2. can i defer them permanently? what im trying to do is to disable updates whenever i restart my computer or turn it on, it says "configuring feature updates" or something like that, idisabled all windows 10 updates and followed every possible tutorial, now i just need to disable the feature and product updates, and then im good please help

firechuchu, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

1. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Update Defer Feature

2. Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN: Well it's back. I did upgrade to the May 2020 feature update 2004 for a short time and when I saw that this happened I rolled back to version 1909. The reason I upgraded to the Pro Edition of Windows 10 back in 2018 was so I can possibly avoid a "bad" update. I hope...
  3. Defering updates leads to installation of feature updates.

Defering updates leads to installation of feature updates.: Hello everybody, since version 1903, feature updates should no longer be installed automatically, instead they should be offered as optional updates. This works so far, but only if the option to defer updates regardless of whether feature or security updates is not used. If...
  4. Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates

Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates: I seem not to have the windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates on this pc. All I have s an option to delay update installations by up to 35 days. I need the flexibility to install feature updates by up to 365 days and quality update by up to 30...
  5. deferring semi-annual feature updates gone?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    deferring semi-annual feature updates gone?: W10 Pro v1903 I upgraded to v1903 some week ago, and in the delivery settings I selected -as usual- postpone time for further updates/upgrades as long as possible (365 days, resp 35 days). Therefore I was surprised that yesterday an automatic update was taking place. That...
  6. Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?: How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options: [img] 135380
  7. It is time to defer the next feature update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    It is time to defer the next feature update for Windows 10: Microsoft plans to finish the next feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1903, sometime later this month. Windows 10 version 1903 will become available then at the end of March or the beginning of April 2019. First, to administrators of Windows who deploy it...
  8. Defer Windows Updates

Defer Windows Updates: What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro -- -- feature updates? -- quality updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defer-windows-updates/2f3fc815-d936-4d75-a3bb-b77513deb6f3
  9. Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings

Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings: Due to the current issues with the October 2018 Update rollout, I want to defer this feature update for two months (this is the first time since 2015 that I don't want one of these updates right away). Yesterday I set the Feature Update setting to defer for 60 days. But 60...
  10. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defer quality updates support

2. how long should i defer windows quality updates