Windows 10: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You can turn off the service: Windows Update. This was done by a Microsoft support tech on one of my computers (perhaps dispelling assertions to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Mike89, Feb 17, 2016.

1. fred3 Win User

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

You can turn off the service: Windows Update. This was done by a Microsoft support tech on one of my computers (perhaps dispelling assertions to the contrary by others). It's worked for us.

fred3, Apr 4, 2018

2. can i defer them permanently? what im trying to do is to disable updates whenever i restart my computer or turn it on, it says "configuring feature updates" or something like that, idisabled all windows 10 updates and followed every possible tutorial, now i just need to disable the feature and product updates, and then im good please help

firechuchu, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

1. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Update Defer Feature

2. Defer Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Windows Updates: What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro -- -- feature updates? -- quality updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defer-windows-updates/2f3fc815-d936-4d75-a3bb-b77513deb6f3
  3. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options: Hello, I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be missing from my machine. This is what I should see and see regularly while I am working on machines at work: [ATTACH]...
  4. Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings

Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings: Due to the current issues with the October 2018 Update rollout, I want to defer this feature update for two months (this is the first time since 2015 that I don't want one of these updates right away). Yesterday I set the Feature Update setting to defer for 60 days. But 60...
  5. Deferring Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  6. How to Defer Windows 10 Updates

How to Defer Windows 10 Updates: Hi Everyone, I know that you can´t defer updates in Home edition but you can on the others. I found this article and I was wondering if I can stop when I enable defer upgrades or do I have to do absolutely everything in the article. Thanks in advance. *Smile How to take...
  7. Windows update, wait or defer?

Windows update, wait or defer?: Hello, I am in the middle of troubleshooting my pc for an issue and I'm wondering should I just let windows update or defer that big 3gig at the beginning? I have yet to get a update that didn't give me some errors. If let it update is the best way is there something I'm...
  8. Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro. I noticed the box 'Defer feature updates' is now greyed out after this week's update - see my screenshot. Is this a bug and how do I restore the functionality since I want to be in control of when major updates are installed? [img] 79567
  9. Windows 10 1703 to 1709 Defer Feature Updates Registry "Hack" Issues

Windows 10 1703 to 1709 Defer Feature Updates Registry "Hack" Issues: Thanks! Still strumming them wholesome country songs *Wink
  10. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...