Windows 10: Windows Update Deferral

Discus and support Windows Update Deferral in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I think it was last September when I deferred the Fall Creators update for 365 days. I occasionally do a Macrium backup restore, and most often when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kitpzyxmsir, May 11, 2018.

1. Windows Update Deferral

I think it was last September when I deferred the Fall Creators update for 365 days.

I occasionally do a Macrium backup restore, and most often when I go to Settings>Windows>Advanced, the box for how many days the feature update can be deferred is blank.

I'm also curious whether when a Macrium backup is restored, if the deferral time is reset back to the countdown it was set upon the creation of the backup, and/or if there is a way to check when the 365 day term will expire?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Deferral

1. Windows Update Deferral - Similar Threads - Update Deferral

2. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  5. After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 20h2 update, no 365 day deferral option: I can pause updates, but 365 day option isn't there. Is there any other way to control an involuntary update? 178453
  6. Why is the Windows Update Deferral Settings page missing?

Why is the Windows Update Deferral Settings page missing?: 1909-64 Up-to-date .... I installed the Nov CU KB4586786 on 11/10 & don't recall if I looked at the Settings/Update & Security section B4 today. The site only Opens first to Delivery Optimization or then any selected link on left sideBUT shows nothing of the usual page with...
  7. Microsoft brings back Windows 10’s update deferral settings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings back Windows 10’s update deferral settings: After installing Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903), several users reported that an unacknowledged bug hid deferral settings. In addition to pause updates option, Windows Update also offers advanced controls called ‘Defferal settings’. If you open Windows Update...
  8. missing deferral semi-annual channel feature update option in window update

missing deferral semi-annual channel feature update option in window update: I have window 10 Pro, version 1903, from yesterday I faced this problem, in this sense that I have missed deferral semi-annual feature update in order to delay a new and upcoming " feature update " by 365 days, I contacted Microsoft support, one time they told me to...
  9. Windows 10 1903: the case of the missing update deferral options

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: the case of the missing update deferral options: Windows 10 machines that have received the Windows 10 version 1903 feature update, the May 2019 Update, may lack update deferral options in the Settings application. Windows 10 administrators may defer feature updates to block their installation on devices that they manage....
  10. Call to action: review your Windows Update for Business deferral value

in Windows 10 News
    Call to action: review your Windows Update for Business deferral value: With Windows Update for Business, an organization can take advantage of cloud-delivered updates, while still creating and managing a ring-based deployment approach. Using Windows Update for Business deferrals, you can group devices into deployment rings to control and manage...