Windows 10: Windows Update Deleted files

Discus and support Windows Update Deleted files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey with it staying short i recently last night had a windows update which i set it to auto do it this morning and after the update i realised my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JackClarke, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Windows Update Deleted files

Hey with it staying short i recently last night had a windows update which i set it to auto do it this morning and after the update i realised my pictures, music, videos all wiped nothing at all in them and i tried back-up but it was "off" coz this never happened to me so therefore i didn't have it on and didn't even know you had to turn it on but pretty much i cant restore to before and i tried going into windows.old and still nothing in there and i am lost without my pics and all them ? i really need help. also i forgot to add my start button dont work neither my task bar.

:)

JackClarke, Nov 13, 2017

2. update deleted files

Could you look in C:\Users folder to see if there maybe a folder there with your files?

If don't see them, look in the OneDrive folder to see if your files might be there.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2017
  3. update deleted files

The last update that my computer just completed deleted all of my pictures that were saved on the computer. This is the second update in a row that has done this. What can be done to stop this?

ChrisTurner2, Nov 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Update Deleted files

Hi, forgive the obvious- do you not have backups?
    Here we strongly recommend disk imaging- a great way to give yourself an easy recovery path when things go horribly wrong- even disk failure.

Are you sure you are logged in normally- perhaps you have a temporary user profile, so are not accessing your normal user folders?

If you open file explorer, then type
    %userprofile%
    in the address bar, then click the address bar, can you copy and paste what is in your address bar, or post a screenshot?

What is your windows version?
    Windows key + R, winver
    (If your PC responds to that). Otherwise you could have a look at Properties, Details of C:\Windows\explorer.exe and you should see a build number there.

Windows Update Deleted files [​IMG]

If you upgraded to build 1709,
    then this may be something a number of people have experienced: this may help:
    - how have you tried to restore?
    Do you mean System Restore? or 'Go back to the previous version' (i.e. after a build upgrade)?

dalchina, Nov 13, 2017
  5. Hello yh i am on version 1709 for starters and i had no backups previous due to i never needed too plus i didn't know how to do that, but now ill do that for further solutions and where i cant access my start up button i cant get into settings to try the account one is there another way to get into settings?? and i when i restored it it was when i turnt it on so that failed .

JackClarke, Nov 13, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please try this as above:
    If you open file explorer (Windows key + E), then type
    %userprofile%
    in the address bar, then click the address bar, can you copy and paste what is in your address bar, or post a screenshot?

It seems the update you refer to was the upgrade to 1709.

Settings:
    Windows key + X, click Settings
    - may work for you.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2017
  7. Gordon7 Win User
    Settings = Windows key + I.

Gordon7, Nov 13, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

In File Explorer, Browse to C:\Users you should see your User Name profile folder, you may have more then one. Open this up, you should have all of your User folders (ie) Pictures, Music, Documents etc. If so, then your User Profile got corrupted and Windows logged you into a Default account. If you can't logout and login as your previous User Profile, then follow these steps How to Fix A Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10 to create a New User Account and copy your files to the new user profile.

spunk, Nov 13, 2017
  9. Thank you very much guys for your help i managed to find my currupt user files and all my stuff and ill just follow the link through and fix it. Thank you guys for your time i appreciate it.

JackClarke, Nov 14, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    If I was able to help you please click the Thumbs Up icon in the lower left corner under My Computer

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update Deleted files - Similar Threads - Update Deleted files

2. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  3. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  4. Windows 10 Update deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update deleted files: Hello, I just updated my Windows 10 computer and the update has deleted files from C:\Users\TEMP\AppData\Roaming These files are not present in C:\Windows.old Is there a way to recover these files and why does Windows delete files?...
  5. Windows Update deleting driver files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update deleting driver files?: It seems like Windows Update is deleting files in folders such as System32/drivers and DriverStore, and so devices start failing to work properly. What leads me to believe that Windows Update is doing it is that everything seems to be fine until the Windows Update service...
  6. Windows Update Deleted Files

Windows Update Deleted Files: Hello! My computer installed the new Edge update overnight and when I logged on this morning all the names for my programs were black and fuzzy like a censor blur and my recent files from word were gone. I restarted the computer and was greeted to a window saying the new Edge...
  7. Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...: Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying the update had been delayed for a week. To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't...
  8. Update Deleted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Deleted Files?: Hey, people. I have been waiting from the support thing for an advisor for a while now, and have yet to receive an answer. Maybe someone here can help? My laptop just did an update. When the update was completed, I noticed all of my user preferences like preferred...
  9. Is this the File deleting windows update?

Is this the File deleting windows update?: [ATTACH] I checked for updates and got this. I'm afraid to restart because I think this is the file deleting windows update plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-the-file-deleting-windows-update/79147cd1-85a2-43a0-a560-5e796a3f2978
  10. Windows 10 update is deleting files

Windows 10 update is deleting files: This is just a general info posting to compile published articles concerning the "minor" flaw with the initial general release of the1809 update. Here are a some of published articles if anybody has yet to see them:...