Windows 10: Windows Update does not work

Discus and support Windows Update does not work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried most of the recommended fixes for Windows Update and have not solved my problem. Windows Update checks for updates for many many minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chzuck, May 15, 2017.

1. chzuck Win User

Windows Update does not work

I have tried most of the recommended fixes for Windows Update and have not solved my problem. Windows Update checks for updates for many many minutes and then says it could not update and to check later. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

chzuck, May 15, 2017

2. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

Hide taskbar function does not work at all. Can't get to items on bottom of screen because of this problem. Tried everything ===HELP

Does not help or work, May 15, 2017
  3. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

I think the people at Microsoft think we are all stupid. All they can suggest is what we all know how to do to "normally" to auto hide the taskbar!

Does not help or work, May 15, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Have you tried this already?

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

If so, please tell us everything you have tried so we don't spend our time only to hear "I tried that already."

5. chzuck Win User
    Almost never fails. After I post a question in a forum I find the answer. I had been working on this issue off and on for several days. Unchecking getting Microsoft Updates solved the issue. Now updates are being downloaded. Now if I could only stop version 1607 from installing.

chzuck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update does not work - Similar Threads - Update does

2. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  3. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  4. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  5. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  6. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...
  7. Windows Update KB5036893 does not install

Windows Update KB5036893 does not install: Split from this thread. I've done so many restarts over the past few weeks for this one update KB5036893 and it won't install. It downloads just fine, but always fails on the required reboot and has to revert itself. After a long wait. Last night, Windows got so desperate to...
  8. Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.: Already tried to go in GPedit.msc and disable the hide settings option. Tried DSIM and SFC. Restarted a few times. Happened randomly. tried to go into Windows update using the start menu. Restarted Windows update service a few times.System Information-Windows insider. build...
  9. Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.

Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.: Already tried to go in GPedit.msc and disable the hide settings option. Tried DSIM and SFC. Restarted a few times. Happened randomly. tried to go into Windows update using the start menu. Restarted Windows update service a few times.System Information-Windows insider. build...
  10. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...