Windows 10: Windows Update does not work

Discus and support Windows Update does not work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried most of the recommended fixes for Windows Update and have not solved my problem. Windows Update checks for updates for many many minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chzuck, May 15, 2017.

1. chzuck Win User

Windows Update does not work

I have tried most of the recommended fixes for Windows Update and have not solved my problem. Windows Update checks for updates for many many minutes and then says it could not update and to check later. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

chzuck, May 15, 2017

2. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

Hide taskbar function does not work at all. Can't get to items on bottom of screen because of this problem. Tried everything ===HELP

Does not help or work, May 15, 2017
  3. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

I think the people at Microsoft think we are all stupid. All they can suggest is what we all know how to do to "normally" to auto hide the taskbar!

Does not help or work, May 15, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Have you tried this already?

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

If so, please tell us everything you have tried so we don't spend our time only to hear "I tried that already."

5. chzuck Win User
    Almost never fails. After I post a question in a forum I find the answer. I had been working on this issue off and on for several days. Unchecking getting Microsoft Updates solved the issue. Now updates are being downloaded. Now if I could only stop version 1607 from installing.

chzuck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update does not work - Similar Threads - Update does

2. Windows does not detect second montitor after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does not detect second montitor after update.: I updated Windows 10 last night and today my pc is no longer detecting my second monitor. I've tried removing the video driver and reinstalling it. I've tried removing the first monitor from the device list and when i restart it detects the first monitor but not the...
  3. Does any of you know how to fix this? This is the third time I have failed trying to update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does any of you know how to fix this? This is the third time I have failed trying to update...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M1chri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duloii/does_any_of_you_know_how_to_fix_this_this_is_the/
  4. Does update Windows 10 from another PC on the local network actually work?

Does update Windows 10 from another PC on the local network actually work?: I have a functional private local network that transfers files to/from up to 5 computers. One is a laptop that is always fully Win 10 updated. Currently the network shows no activity toward updating any of the others. I've reviewed several articles on "how to" and...
  5. Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?: After researching, I'm still not sure if under Security & Maintenance "automatic maintenance" setting updates just applications or if it also will install OS updates. Thank you. P.S. Running ver 1903 (64b) 144111
  6. Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password: Hi, For around a year now i have been unable to sign in to my computer after an update. I normally log in with a pin, but after the update it asks for a password. My password which i know is correct as i have changed it multiple times trying to solve this problem, does not...
  7. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update: Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems to be connected. It simply works as stereo and 5.1 surround sound does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you....
  8. after latest windows 10 updates, PC does not see Epson printer

after latest windows 10 updates, PC does not see Epson printer: Hi, after the latest windows 10 home edition update my laptop HP notebook 15-BA055NL does not recognize the printer I have used for years with this computer (an Epson Stylus Photo R240) The build of the windows update is Version 1903 Date installed September 19th 2019...
  9. Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?

Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD notebook with an Intel Core i3-5020 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. I commonly use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers and it updated the graphics driver a few months ago to version 15.40 (20.19.15.5063)....
  10. Does anyone know when MS will fix the problems with the latest Win 10 update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone know when MS will fix the problems with the latest Win 10 update?: MS support is absolutely clueless about how to fix issues stemming from their recent Win 10 update. Has anyone been able to find out when they intend to fix them?...