Windows 10: Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS

Discus and support Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't want the Realtek driver. I use different custom drivers. I have the option to defer updates, but I turned it off to see what I would get. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chrono, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Chrono Win User

Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS

I don't want the Realtek driver. I use different custom drivers. I have the option to defer updates, but I turned it off to see what I would get. I had no idea it would automatically download this with no choice to cancel. Now it just eats up my bandwidth. Still downloading at 77%. I really hope MS gets a lot of hate for this so they give us back some semblance of control.

I did download and use the new tool that lets me actually hide updates. Hope it works.

:)

Chrono, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 1709 update on my desktop 11-16-2017 driver failure

All this talk of update drivers is total BS

I've also had the same problem after the Creator's update

TP-Link Archer t9e stopped working rolled back the system to an old version and hey presto all working again.

And yes I did download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website but this did not work.

The only thing that worked was getting rid of the stupid creators update.

Fatmansleeping, Jul 29, 2015
  3. PDSway Win User
    PC Crashes on Wake Up from Sleep After Installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Same here, laptop worked great with Win10, then Anniversary Update FORCED on me (total BS) and now my laptop crashes on sleep most of the time.

Tried all settings and troubleshooters, updated drivers, etc.

THANKS Microsoft

PDSway, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS

1. Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS - Similar Threads - Update downloading drivers

2. Windows Updates downloading very old Display Drivers update automatically...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates downloading very old Display Drivers update automatically...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/neuronbuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq44yg/windows_updates_downloading_very_old_display/
  3. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  4. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  5. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers: I used to update my AMD drivers from Windows Update but switched to using AMD Radeon Software last week, I disabled this setting below and reinstalled all drivers with the software.Once all AMD drivers got updated, I ran the Windows Update and it downloaded AMD drivers again...
  7. administrator BS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrator BS: New computer. Windows 10. I am the only user and shown as administrator. When I try to save something to a file I am denied permission. I want to completely unlock this computer. I want no denials of anything. I have read threads by multiple others and there are no...
  8. Windows 10 BS

Windows 10 BS: Once Again Microsoft Windows took over MY Computer for HOURS doing a fricking update that: I didn't ask for, that I couldn't stop and that took over my computer for almost 4 hours in the middle of my Saturday. Yes, not in the middle of the night without my permission, but in...
  9. windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

windows update 'Automatically Download Updates': In settings-wndows update-advanced options. When I try to select 'Automatically Download Updates' the slider just returns to the off position. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-automatically-download-updates/0e0f6b58-f8b6-4f22-abf2-4e27b8d2e120
  10. Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update / automatic driver updates?: I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any problems until I read that Windows would now automatically install driver updates along with operating system updates. All...