Windows 10: Windows Update downloads 10, but can't install it?

Discus and support Windows Update downloads 10, but can't install it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep trying to download the 10 upgrade again and again, in hopes that sometime it'll actually work, but it never does. On the Windows Update history,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xehanort, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Xehanort Win User

Windows Update downloads 10, but can't install it?

I keep trying to download the 10 upgrade again and again, in hopes that sometime it'll actually work, but it never does. On the Windows Update history, it shows "Windows 10 Upgrade" as "unsuccessful".

What do I do?

:)

Xehanort, Jul 30, 2015
  2. rushfan3 Win User

Feature Update downloads but does not install

I have been trying to install the features update to Windows 10. It downloads, and tries to install. It asks me to reboot the computer, tries to install the update, and then after 5 minutes, it reboots back to the screen and nothing's changed. I click into
    the update and security settings on the Windows settings, and I see that it needs to reboot to finish the update, but it's downloading the update once again.

Windows Update downloads 10, but can't install it? [​IMG]

What the heck is this doing, and how can I get this to stop its nonsense and either finish the update or not install it at all?

rushfan3, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Feature Update downloads but does not install

Hello,

Conflicts with some third-party software, unstable Internet connections, security software blockages are a few factors that can cause issues with installing an update. We suggest that you manually download and install the Windows 10 Fall Creators update
    found on this
    link

You may also find some troubleshooting steps
    here
    suitable for Windows update issues.

Let us know if that addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Follow the instructions here to download and create an ISO. You can then burn a DVD or create a flash drive to upgrade with by inserting either and running setup.exe from it: Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Or you can just mount the iso from your booted Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system by right clicking on it and select Mount, then run setup.exe from the mounted ISO, That's how I upgraded my 8.1 system here at home.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Xehanort Win User
    Thank ou for your post.

I'm creating a bootable usb as we speak right now. So using this method, if I were to clean install, I need to upgrade first in order to license my device and ONLY THEN clean install right?

Xehanort, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, upgrade first so and make sure it activates, then clean install.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update downloads 10, but can't install it? - Similar Threads - Update downloads can't

2. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install: After making fresh install8 times in row now of windows 10 from USB, I can't get automatic updates up and running. PC freezeshard reset only option when downloading and other times gives Windows Update error KB4019474I returned BIOS settings to default. After getting an error...
  3. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install: After making fresh install8 times in row now of windows 10 from USB, I can't get automatic updates up and running. PC freezeshard reset only option when downloading and other times gives Windows Update error KB4019474I returned BIOS settings to default. After getting an error...
  4. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Windows 10 updates: Hello, Windows Update says that "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" but every time I try to update it, this text always appears: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the...
  6. Can't install Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 10 updates: Hello, Windows Update says that "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" but every time I try to update it, this text always appears: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the...
  7. Can't install update Windows 10

Can't install update Windows 10: When i install windows 10 version 21H2 it's not work now version 1909 and pop-up like this with error code 0xC1900101-0x20017 i tried resolve eroor code from list i can't permission to check disk , resolve it , What can i do???? And start menu show update always alltimes...
  8. Can't download windows 10 update 20H2

Can't download windows 10 update 20H2: I noticed today that my system was due for an update. When attempting the update the system updater showed 0% progress after several hours. I tried downloading and using media creation tool and got an error code 0x80070005 -0xB0003. What is going on and how can i fix this?...
  9. Can't install Windows 10 Updates.

Can't install Windows 10 Updates.: I can't install the latest version of Windows 10 as I am getting errors while installing them and I have tried it several times and still the issue is there. I have tried running the troubleshooter and it says it has fixed all the issues but the issue was not solved at all. I...
  10. Windows 10 can't download and install upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 can't download and install upgrades: Hi, I recently bought a HP Envy 17t with Windows 10 64 Bit on it. The first thing I did was to check if any updates were available, there were, and I downloaded and installed them. I checked again about 10 after that (about 2 weeks after getting the laptop). Since then...