Windows 10: Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission

Discus and support Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having issues with Windows Update, it downloads and installs new driver software for HD 630 and doesn't let me disable that. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luca Della Bonzana, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission

I am having issues with Windows Update, it downloads and installs new driver software for HD 630 and doesn't let me disable that. I don't want to update it because the old driver allows for display overclocking which is a great feature since my display goes up to 100Hz.

At the moment, I'm making sure Windows Update stays disabled via services.

This is ridiculous, even third party software updaters are more polite when it comes to updates, I should be able to decide what is updated, and what isn't, and most importantly: when.

:)

Luca Della Bonzana, Jul 29, 2018

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jul 29, 2018
  3. pigulici Win User
    Driver update software

Yes, not so simple with relative, anyway, after some test on my laptop(a lenovo g510 new model with crappy drivers) with some software, yes, this kind of software in best case repair the problem but broke something else, I find though a verry interesting approach with My-config software, it is free, it only show only the new drivers and only drivers certified by Microsoft, and it give you only direct link to drivers download, but on laptop I have tested, it have already instaled drivers, so something not going good with update part(I will try it again when I will get the new hdd, with a clean windows install),but yes , the safe route it is manufactured equipement(not individual hardware) and Windows update, now I will wait for first relative with a driver problem(usually not take long)...feel free to put your experience with that kind of software...

pigulici, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission

1. Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission - Similar Threads - Update downloads driver

2. Windows Defender deleted my download without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender deleted my download without permission: I downloaded a large archive from Edge browser, but the file was deleted immediately after finish. It says virus detected and there is NO WAY to restore it! Now I have to waste another 3 hours to re-download that file! Is this a bug or design issue? If not, could someone tell...
  3. Windows Defender deleted my download without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender deleted my download without permission: I downloaded a large archive from Edge browser, but the file was deleted immediately after finish. It says virus detected and there is NO WAY to restore it! Now I have to waste another 3 hours to re-download that file! Is this a bug or design issue? If not, could someone tell...
  4. Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission: Candy crush, disney plus, all these apps every day I get notifications that it has decided to put on my PC. I DONT WANT IT INSTALLING WHATEVER IT LIKES. This is MY PC, not your dumping ground for whoever pays you.how do I disable this unauthorised stuff installing? Do I need...
  5. Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission

Why is windows installing software on my PC without my permission: Candy crush, disney plus, all these apps every day I get notifications that it has decided to put on my PC. I DONT WANT IT INSTALLING WHATEVER IT LIKES. This is MY PC, not your dumping ground for whoever pays you.how do I disable this unauthorised stuff installing? Do I need...
  6. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  7. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  8. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  9. Hp Laptop Updates drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Laptop Updates drivers without permission: Computer: Laptop HP G250 G7 8 GB RAM Intel i3-1005G1 10th generation SSD M.2 256gb Windows 10 Home 20H2 Portuguese Installed: 2021/02/04 OS Compilation: 19042.844 Experience: Windows Feature Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have noticed that on Windows Updates appeared in blue...
  10. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission: [ATTACH] I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver, I can install the official latest Intel's UHD 630 Driver with Intel Driver and Support Assistant without any hassle and it...