Windows 10: Windows Update endless downloading

Discus and support Windows Update endless downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a new HP laptop and I'm setting it up. When I go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates it says updates are available and lists them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fredrock, Jun 30, 2016.

1. fredrock Win User

Windows Update endless downloading

This is a new HP laptop and I'm setting it up. When I go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates it says updates are available and lists them. It also says Downloading but the progression bar never moves, even left overnight.
    I've run the troubleshooter and it passes that. I ran the fix it to, no help.
    I'm not too familiar with Windows 10 yet so I'm wondering if I might be missing something. Appreciate any help.

:)

fredrock, Jun 30, 2016

2. BITS constantly STOPS in Windows 10

Each time someone helpfully submits a reply, I list what I've done. My cumulative replies cover all that you've suggested. So, no, the problem is not yet solved. To sum up: Reset, Norton automatically removed, endless reruns of Windows Troubleshooter, endless
    downloads of Fall Update, endless failed Installations. Thank you.

CraftyAlice, Jun 30, 2016
  3. wittshan Win User
    Problem with windows 10 build 1703

Cannot connect to the microsoft server since upgraded to windows 10 1703. Cannot neither check the update nor download apps from app store. Endless "checking for updates" when check for system update, and endless "starting download" when download an
    app from the app store. No problem with the internet connection, I can still watch videos and download files.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wittshan, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Windows Update endless downloading

1. Windows Update endless downloading - Similar Threads - Update endless downloading

2. Peculiar carousel: endless Windows 1903 update cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Peculiar carousel: endless Windows 1903 update cycle: Trying to update Windows 10 from version 1809 to version 1903. Update seems to go well until Windows asks normally the user to restart but after restart Windows boots only back to1809, not to 1903. Windows update history is very peculiar, showing this endless cycle: UPDATE...
  3. Windows endless restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows endless restart: Hey there, I have a PC laptop that is having an endless restart issue. Details: The laptop screen shows the initial screensaver/login page picture and says restarting next to the loading symbol. The mousepad still controls the mouse on the screen. This endless restart...
  4. FH4 Endless downloading im downloading it alredy a week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FH4 Endless downloading im downloading it alredy a week.: Hey! I recently bought FH4. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/495708153447710727/548560609269252106/unknown.png 178,6GB Installed on E: System: Motherboard:Z170 Asus GPU:Gainward Geforce GTX 1060 6gb OC CPU:I7-6700k Windows 10 Enterpise 7 days of...
  5. Installing Windows 10, endless updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10, endless updates?: [IMG]I recently cleared everything and reinstalled windows 10 on an old computer, but after restarting, i got this screen. I hit okay and it updated, but when i checked on it 20 minutes later, it was on this screen again. I have done this at least 10 times today, and it just...
  6. endless requests for update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    endless requests for update: Why am I always being advised my account needs to be updated. I have two computers, one desk and one laptop. Everytime I change a password successfully, next log on, same thing happens again. I turned off two step verification; will this help. thanks...
  7. Endless login prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Endless login prompt: Hey there, Just recentely I encountered this very strange issue. My windows is stuck at the log-in prompt. After typing my password I see the animation plays (the little circle), a black screen and then I'm back again at the log-in prompt. No error or anything. The...
  8. Endless Reboot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Endless Reboot after Windows update: My Windows 10 updated last night with the cryptic message "Your files are Safe" update. Then none of my programs would open. When i rebooted I became stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I don't know how to get out of the cycle. I get to the login page then the laptop...
  9. Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle

Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home machine that recently went through a windows update and restarted. It now boots past the BIOS and goes through "Windows Updating" to "Windows Diagnosing/Repairing" boot loop. My computer uses an SSD so it is (I believe) impossible to get it to...
  10. Endless Reboot

Endless Reboot: Hello everyone, I downloaded and installed the updates and, when it asked me to reboot, I did. However, I had to leave the house, so I left it to restart. When I came back almost 6 hours later I saw the black screen with the dots moving in a circle indicating some sort of...