Windows 10: Windows Update endless downloading

Discus and support Windows Update endless downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a new HP laptop and I'm setting it up. When I go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates it says updates are available and lists them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fredrock, Jun 30, 2016.

1. fredrock Win User

Windows Update endless downloading

This is a new HP laptop and I'm setting it up. When I go to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates it says updates are available and lists them. It also says Downloading but the progression bar never moves, even left overnight.
    I've run the troubleshooter and it passes that. I ran the fix it to, no help.
    I'm not too familiar with Windows 10 yet so I'm wondering if I might be missing something. Appreciate any help.

:)

fredrock, Jun 30, 2016

2. BITS constantly STOPS in Windows 10

Each time someone helpfully submits a reply, I list what I've done. My cumulative replies cover all that you've suggested. So, no, the problem is not yet solved. To sum up: Reset, Norton automatically removed, endless reruns of Windows Troubleshooter, endless
    downloads of Fall Update, endless failed Installations. Thank you.

CraftyAlice, Jun 30, 2016
  3. wittshan Win User
    Problem with windows 10 build 1703

Cannot connect to the microsoft server since upgraded to windows 10 1703. Cannot neither check the update nor download apps from app store. Endless "checking for updates" when check for system update, and endless "starting download" when download an
    app from the app store. No problem with the internet connection, I can still watch videos and download files.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

wittshan, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Windows Update endless downloading

1. Windows Update endless downloading - Similar Threads - Update endless downloading

2. Xbox endless update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox endless update.: My Xbox app updating for an hours but it show 0% progress.It doesn't show any eror just endless update. My image fail to uploads so I post in website..I already reset Xbox app : Settings. > Apps & features. > Xbox Advanced options. > Repair > Reset....
  3. Windows Update endlessly searching for updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update endlessly searching for updates?: When I'm in the settings - Windows Update, I encounter the following issue: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800705b4"I have tried...
  4. Windows Update endlessly searching for updates?

Windows Update endlessly searching for updates?: When I'm in the settings - Windows Update, I encounter the following issue: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800705b4"I have tried...
  5. Windows Update endlessly searching for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless updates: Why is my pc wanting to update constantly? It slows it down and unable to work on it. Plus there is always an update fail. 0x800f080a.How can I prevent it from slowing down my computer. I have a lot of free space but does not help.It is so frustrating. This has been going on...
  7. Endless updates

Endless updates: Why is my pc wanting to update constantly? It slows it down and unable to work on it. Plus there is always an update fail. 0x800f080a.How can I prevent it from slowing down my computer. I have a lot of free space but does not help.It is so frustrating. This has been going on...
  8. Endless updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Endless Microsoft store Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless Microsoft store Download: Hello, I have recently purchased forza horizon 4 for my pc. When I try to download it it is stuck in a endless loop and never downloads. please HELP!!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/endless-microsoft-store-download/a4718bcc-47d5-49d7-897d-446927ae58c0
  10. endless requests for update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    endless requests for update: Why am I always being advised my account needs to be updated. I have two computers, one desk and one laptop. Everytime I change a password successfully, next log on, same thing happens again. I turned off two step verification; will this help. thanks...