Windows 10: Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Discus and support Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TylerKruysifix, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary partition, windows disk manager doesn't let me do anything to it. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TylerKruysifix, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Anthony Gal, Aug 10, 2018
  3. jimlau Win User
    Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Error message "Can't update the system reserved partition."

Windows requires about 500MB as system reserverd partition. You may extend system reserved partition to solve this problem.

In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use an third party software, AOMEI
    Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:

Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

JonheSmith, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

1. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition - Similar Threads - Update Error Update

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  5. Not able to update System Reserve Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to update System Reserve Partition: I'm attempting to update a Win10Pro VMWare image and I'm receiving a notice that the System Reserve partition can't be updated. I'm presuming size of the SRP but I could be wrong. Here's the error message:This PC can't run Windows 10We couldn't update the system reserved...
  6. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

Windows could not update system reserved partition error: Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it. Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing.[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.

Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.: Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-update-failed-could-not-update-system/a68db3a3-7d87-4c85-a00f-501b4812f74a
  8. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  9. Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition: I am having problems with an update to windows 10, I'm getting an error that says "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" The instructions I'm seeing online seem very complicated to increase the partition can someone help....
  10. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Can't Update System Reserved Partition: Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system could not update system reserve partition error