Windows 10: Windows Update Fail - Need Help

Discus and support Windows Update Fail - Need Help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Following CU update yesterday I ran Windows Update this morning. Here's where I am now: [img] After running SFC /Scannow with no errors I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wiley Coyote, May 9, 2017.

1. Windows Update Fail - Need Help

Following CU update yesterday I ran Windows Update this morning. Here's where I am now:

Windows Update Fail - Need Help [​IMG]

After running SFC /Scannow with no errors I tried the Trouble Shooter and got this one:

I'm in way over my head here. Help!

:)

Wiley Coyote, May 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, May 9, 2017
  3. Need#Help Win User
    Adding Birthdays and Holidays to Windows 10 Mail App

If someone knows how to add holidays and birthdays to the Windows 10 Mail App, PLEASE tell me how.

Thank you!

Need#Help, May 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Update Fail - Need Help

Try stopping and restarting the relevant services. In an elevated command prompt type:

net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv

net start wuauserv
    net start bits

Now check for updates again. You could also try restarting Windows which should have the same effect. You want a full start from cold so use 'Restart' (not 'Shut down' because that may use fast start up). If you still have problems, see this tutorial...

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Bree, May 9, 2017
  5. PhilC50 Win User
    Same here. Just started today.
    I searched these forums and found no new threads.
    I know that unchecking Give updates for other MS products in advanced options will allow 10 to update but then you get no Office updates.
    I rechecked that option after updating and still got the error.
    I even restarted a couple of times.
    I then turned off the LAN and turned on WiFi and Office updates worked.
    There has to be a better and more permanent solution.
    Anyone?

PhilC50, May 9, 2017
  6. Starting your recommendations now. Will be back when finished. Thanks...

7. Bree New Member
    Odd, I've just successfully checked for updates on my x64 and x86 systems. Both are on the latest Creators Update build 15063.296 and both have 'Give me updates for other Microsoft products...' ticked. Having just been through 'Patch Tuesday' (also without problems) the only new updates were Defender definitions, but they downloaded and installed OK.

Bree, May 9, 2017
  8. Windows Update Fail - Need Help

Tried all the recommendations. Finally after a second restart I got this:

HOWEVER if I "Check for updates" I get the same failure error.

9. Bree New Member
    Do you have MS Office installed? Do you have 'Give me updates for other Microsoft products...' ticked? If 'yes' to both, untick it for now. Sometimes the problem is at the Office update servers and may be cleared later.

Sometimes it's just a particular Defender update that gives this problem. Checking for updates from within Defender itself usually works where windows update fails. Thereafter windows update should work without a problem. In Creators, Defender's own 'check for updates' is in:
    Windows Defender Security Centre > Virus & threat protection > Protection updates.

Bree, May 9, 2017
  10. Did try the Windows Only option both ways to no avail. BUT, maybe we can relax now anyway. Thread Windows Update error 0x8024402f having the same problem. One guy suggested setting advanced option to get updates from more than one source. Tried it AND it works! Another place suggested Active X needs to be enabled now. I'm heading there next to look into that.

Thank you so much for your help. Wish I knew more about what I am doing.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Fail - Need Help

1. Windows Update Fail - Need Help - Similar Threads - Update Fail Need

2. groupme is failing. Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groupme is failing. Need Help: groupme is failing on one group out of four and I don't know what I need to do to fix it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groupme-is-failing-need-help/26641f7b-7fd6-4e76-84b2-8d91a18670f9
  3. groupme is failing. Need Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    groupme is failing. Need Help: groupme is failing on one group out of four and I don't know what I need to do to fix it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groupme-is-failing-need-help/26641f7b-7fd6-4e76-84b2-8d91a18670f9
  4. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with a failed windows update: I've tried for the better part of a few years now, to give an update to my pc. I've tried factory resetting my pc multiple times to see nothing but a error and have all my data put back into my pc. All of the fails are do to one file name of which is "amd64_microsoft-windows...
  5. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with a failed windows update: I've tried for the better part of a few years now, to give an update to my pc. I've tried factory resetting my pc multiple times to see nothing but a error and have all my data put back into my pc. All of the fails are do to one file name of which is "amd64_microsoft-windows...
  6. i need help with a failed windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows fails to update help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fails to update help!: Windows has been failing to update for quite a while now and its become an issue, there are now certain apps and programs that wont allow the older version I'm now running and try as I might I cant find a way to fix this. I have no clue what to do. I've even tried to perform...
  8. Need help with Windows Updates

Need help with Windows Updates: Please help me. I've been trying to find help for 2 days. The phone numbers given won't give me a live person. Since March of 2021 my church has had problems with the Windows updates. The last time it was updated I couldn't use the overhead projectors in the Church to put the...
  9. Need help updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help updating windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GGking09 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjjqzd/need_help_updating_windows/
  10. after failed win 10 update need help

after failed win 10 update need help: Yesterday I too had the win10 update failure. and I had the blue screen of death. after playing with this computer for several hours I finally got flustered and got a usb chip and reloaded win 10 but all my programs and files are in a folder marked old.win . Now my...