Windows 10: Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

Discus and support Windows Update for amd gpu driver ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fearfullnsomnia, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

I have an amd 7970 top edition card..
    I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates..
    The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2..

I have windows update open and it says that there is Advanced Micro Devices - MEDIA- 11/16/2017 12:00AM - 10.1.6 and it says Install Now..

Is this for my gpu ?

If so why am I offered an older driver, and why is there no option to discard the install ?

I am writing this as im sure its a gpu driver update, please let me know if I am wrong..

Thanks.

:)

fearfullnsomnia, Sep 4, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update for amd gpu driver ? 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Sep 4, 2018
  3. DirectX V9.29.1974 and AMD GPU drivers won't install

Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I love Windows 10 so far, but there's one MAJOR problem I'm experiencing. I can't install DirectX or my AMD Radeon HD 6xxx Series PCIe.

When I try to install DirectX, I get this error:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

I tried to look up a solution to THAT error but when I opened up Command Prompt in Administrator mode, I got a lot of errors and some pop-ups saying that it succeeded. The Cryptographic service is on as well. I checked task manger and the services program
    from the administrator tools.

The link to the DirectX I'm trying to install is here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Now onto the AMD Drivers. When I try to install the GPU drivers for the AMD card, AMD Catalyst AutoDetect only says there were error messages and that I need to view the log to see them. When I opened the log, this is what came up.

Windows Update for amd gpu driver ? ae823ee8-9f84-4465-94b2-a664116ecb73.png

Any help on this would be very helpful as this is my gaming computer and both DirectX AND the GPU drivers are SUPER important to gaming.

My computer specs are as follows:

• 8GB RAM
    • 500GB HDD
    • AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • Intel i5 3.5GHz

Virus-Win9x-CIH, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

1. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ? - Similar Threads - Update amd gpu

2. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  3. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  4. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers: After a recent windows update my drivers for my rx480 broke, the fan control is broken and is always at full RPM I have tried to reinstall the drivers but to no avail. If anyone has some advice it would be invalueable....
  6. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers: After a recent windows update my drivers for my rx480 broke, the fan control is broken and is always at full RPM I have tried to reinstall the drivers but to no avail. If anyone has some advice it would be invalueable....
  7. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  9. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  10. AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122: Updated driver availability for AMD GPU's for Build 10122 was announced about 24 hours ago by Gabe Aul and we are to get it through Windows Update. I have a laptop with 10122 and fast build selected. I have asked to "Check for Update" over a dozen times and it is not found....