Windows 10: Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!!

Discus and support Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After failing to complete the update and freezing with 2 of the small circles frozen. I tried the reset / restore etc, all to no avail not even with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveGiergiel2, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!!

After failing to complete the update and freezing with 2 of the small circles frozen. I tried the reset / restore etc, all to no avail not even with a restore to previous settings.

Ended up restoring previous image from June losing my latest applications and potentially docs that were stupidly stored on the c drive.

After spending time restoring and reading applications....

Same thing happened again...……

And Again

only this time for some unknown reason my media containing the recovery image was now invalid media!!!!

Eventually somehow I managed to access my original Windows 8 image and again that appeared to restore...………

Why on earth release an update that clearly faulty and then force the poor user through this three times!!!!!

Apparently you have to install april 2018 manually ??!!!

Thank you Microsoft - no wonder people are emigrating to Apple!!

:)

SteveGiergiel2, Jul 11, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 21, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Oct 21, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!!

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!!

1. Windows update from 1709 - breaks my computer 3 times!! - Similar Threads - update 1709 breaks

2. Windows update breaks windows for the third time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update breaks windows for the third time: Hello, this is actually the second time i am writing to the answers forum for the same exact problem. It's honestly come to such a point like it feels like russian roulette whether i update, restart or shutdown my pc. Today i went away for a bit from my pc to do something...
  3. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  4. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  5. Updates completely breaking my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer?: So, I've been having an issue lately. Every time my PC does an update according to event viewer, the last two times this has happened it was the "2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems" it will then refuse to boot up. Any attempt to turn...
  6. Windows update breaks my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update breaks my computer: I need help to either prevent Windows 10 from updating my computer or a fix to Windows so that the update does not break it. I have an old HP laptop that works great. Does what I need and really do not see any reason to spend money to get a new one. However, Microsoft...
  7. Cannot update from 1709 without breaking system

Cannot update from 1709 without breaking system: I have an old HP Laptop which I still use and it is running Windows 10 1709. I would like to update this machine to a more current version of Windows such as 1909, but cannot because every time I upgrade the system it breaks the wake from sleep function. And without a...
  8. Update constantly breaking my computers

Update constantly breaking my computers: I'm sick of it. I have 5 windows 10 computers on a home network and every time one of them is hacked by microsoft to install unwanted and unneeded updates, I am forced to spend hours repairing them. My home network is always destroyed. I must go from computer to computer,...
  9. Windows Updates break my computer

Windows Updates break my computer: When Windows 1803 was pushed last summer, it failed to install and broke things so badly it backed out of the install, though it left the system broken. It took me a week of research and work to install it by hand (using a downloaded image) and fix my BIOS. Even after this it...
  10. After a reset due to update breaking computer and then 1709 updating I now have two...

After a reset due to update breaking computer and then 1709 updating I now have two...: After an update wrecked my laptop like usual. Then reseting the computer, on the initial startup there was an administrator account on the login page along with my usual account, the admin account goes straight into the incorrect password or user name was used error, which I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1709 update breaks my computer

2. windows updates breaking bootup on 1709