Windows 10: Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download

Discus and support Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I check the status of Windows Update on my laptop running Win10 x64, it says that updates are available, and that the download is at 98% complete.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NickJP, Nov 7, 2015.

1. NickJP Win User

Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download

When I check the status of Windows Update on my laptop running Win10 x64, it says that updates are available, and that the download is at 98% complete. When I click on details, I can see that KB3105210 is waiting for installation, KB3106932 is waiting for installation, and KB2267602 (definition update for Windows Defender to 1.209.1525.0) is waiting for download. The definition update never downloads, and rebooting the machine makes no difference - the status of these three updates doesn't change.

When I open Windows Defender, I can see that it is running definitions version 1.209.1996.0, created and installed earlier this morning, which makes it seem that the definition that Windows Update is trying to download is an old one that is no longer available. How can I do a reset on Windows Update so that it is no longer trying to get this old definition update?

:)

NickJP, Nov 7, 2015

2. My windows10 update hanged at 35%

While downloading Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.205.681.0) it hanged at 35%. Please give me the solution

AvinashDevikar, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Shebiedog Win User
    I cannot get windows defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602

My laptop installed the automatic Windows 10 update yesterday and now I cannot get windows defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.221.448.0).to update, or the other windows updates that are required. When I try running
    the program it is green and tells me that I am protected and that it is downloading but it hangs for ages doing nothing and I can do nothing with it, help please

Shebiedog, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download

1. Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download - Similar Threads - Update hanging old

2. Uninstalling old Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling old Windows Defender Definition Updates: Hi, I have over 62 Windows Definition Updates +Backup taking up over 7gb of my storage and can't seem to clean any of them out. I understand they're important, but some of them are far older than they should be and I need space. Is there a way to delete them all and reinstall...
  3. Uninstalling old Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling old Windows Defender Definition Updates: Hi, I have over 62 Windows Definition Updates +Backup taking up over 7gb of my storage and can't seem to clean any of them out. I understand they're important, but some of them are far older than they should be and I need space. Is there a way to delete them all and reinstall...
  4. Uninstalling old Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  6. Windows Defender definition updates ...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  7. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509
  8. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  9. Windows Defender (Definitions) Update Hangs

Windows Defender (Definitions) Update Hangs: I'm trying to update Windows Defender virus definitions. The update proceeds quickly up to about 40% complete, but still in the "Searching . . . " phase (according to the green progress bar), and then just hangs. Forever. I waited several hours and still no movement, and no...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb2267602 keeps hanging

2. wsus defender definition is old

3. windows update trying to download old antivirus definitions

4. windows defender keeps trying to download definitions,
  5. sccm old definition update for windows defender,
  6. Windows Defender old definition,
  7. Windows update keep downloading old definition update