Windows 10: Windows update has stopped working

Discus and support Windows update has stopped working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ironchicken, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows update has stopped working

Hi there everyone

after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today.
    When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday.
    Tried rebooting but still not working!
    any ideas?

Peter

:)

Ironchicken, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows update has stopped working.

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.

You may upload the DSIM log file using OneDrive.

We'll be waiting for the update.

Riel Alc, Aug 7, 2015
  3. KafkaVA Win User
    Windows update has stopped working.

Thank you for the quick response. Following the directions in the link you provided, I ran the first 2 DSIM commands. The first one with /CheckHealth completed successfully. The second one with /ScanHealth reported and error and stopped. The
    error reported was:

An illegal character was encountered. For a multi-byte character set this includes a lead byte without a succeeding trail byte, for the Unicode character set this includes the character 0xFFF and 0xFFFE.

I can provide a copy of the DSIM log file if you let me know where / how to upload it.

KafkaVA, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows update has stopped working

1. Windows update has stopped working - Similar Threads - update has stopped

2. Windows Sharing has an update that made it stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sharing has an update that made it stop working.: So basically, i share internet from 1 to another PC using Ethernet, now after i had done a factory reset on my PC, because of my previous issue where my PC was suspiciously slow, the option where i can select where the internet was going to be shared, is gone. and because of...
  3. Windows Sharing has an update that made it stop working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sharing has an update that made it stop working.: So basically, i share internet from 1 to another PC using Ethernet, now after i had done a factory reset on my PC, because of my previous issue where my PC was suspiciously slow, the option where i can select where the internet was going to be shared, is gone. and because of...
  4. Windows Sharing has an update that made it stop working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  6. Windows has stop updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has stop updating: I own A Lenovo Ideapad S145. From 2 to 3 months the windows update is not working properly. It is stuck on the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319" . Every time I try to install it, it stops at 100% and show the message that there...
  7. HDMI has stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI has stopped working after update: My HDMI out to my tv has stopped working since a windows update installed. It has happened before but this time I can not resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-stopped-working-after-update/17b2c201-1d54-40f4-87f7-dd83be32d329
  8. Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.: A few insider previews ago windows update continuously checks for updates and never completes. Currently 18975 insider preview. I never see an error code as the update never completes. using uup to install. I have tried all the usual tricks and then some. Trouble shooters...
  9. Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working: Hey guys, I updated my laptop last night so I could get the new xbox app. This morning when all was complete, I noticed my keyboard stopped working (Apart from the power button and the ROG gaming button. The keyboard works fine in the bios, so I know it works, but as soon...
  10. Windows has stopped updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows has stopped updating: I always received insider builds as soon as they were released but am not getting latest release 14986. I received 14965 but rolled back to 14959 because of problems with some of my apps. Would this have done something to updates? 72123

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updatebrowserforapp has stopped working