Windows 10: Windows Update History Blank

Discus and support Windows Update History Blank in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 downloaded and ran an update yesterday and I noticed that my Update History is blank (no updates have been installed yet). It was there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dlwmacgregor, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Windows Update History Blank

My Windows 10 downloaded and ran an update yesterday and I noticed that my Update History is blank (no updates have been installed yet). It was there before yesterday's update.

My Winver is 1607 (OS Build 14393.1593).

Any idea where the Update History went?

By the way, the Creator's Update has not downloaded yet.

I have included the Uninstall Listing which does show yesterday's updates.

It also did a quick update this morning.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Aug 16, 2017

2. Update History is not showing any previously installed updates

If I go into Settings and view my Update History, it is completely blank. I know I’ve installed updates on this device, but they are missing from the Update History. How can I check if a Windows Update was installed?

Gerald Vit, Aug 16, 2017
  3. windows 10 update fail

WHen I disable auto update, It says on lockscreen that updates are available. But when I go to windows update it says no updates available.

Also the update history is blank.

chandrashekhharkarvir, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Windows Update History Blank

All of my computers show the same, no updates listed after some of the newest get installed.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 16, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    When it does that will also clear the update history. It also clears the windows updates list in control panel. This is to be expected because the 'update' is an upgrade to the next version of windows, so none of the previous updates to the old version are relevant any more.

7. Berton Win User
    Right, the Version number is an Upgrade as in 1507 to 1511 to 1607 to 1703 while the Build update is similar to the older Service Packs.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

I've found routine updates can clear the update history but the updates can still be viewed in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features \ View Installed Updates. I suspect the missing updates issue is just another example of poor software QA by Microsoft.

Steve C, Aug 17, 2017
  9. I wonder if it's just a ploy by MS to not "appear" to be putting out too many upgrades. This way they get to "reset" them once in a while.

dlwmacgregor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update History Blank - Similar Threads - Update History Blank

2. App & browser control - Protection history is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App & browser control - Protection history is blank: Hi.I am having an issue with the Windows Security showing a notification for App & browser control.The alert message states: Potential unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly.When I click the review button, I am presented with Protection history, which has nothing...
  3. App & browser control - Protection history is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App & browser control - Protection history is blank: Hi.I am having an issue with the Windows Security showing a notification for App & browser control.The alert message states: Potential unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly.When I click the review button, I am presented with Protection history, which has nothing...
  4. Windows Update History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update History: My computer upgraded to Windows 11 and now I cannot see any Updates under the Update History. I need to uninstall a patch that is potentially causing connection issues. How do I see the past windows updates ,for example, the ones that happened in Aug 2023. Thank you...
  5. Update window blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update window blank: Hi, my Windows 10 settings Update window is blank except for the listing on the left side. All the listing items work but not Update. This has been working fine. I have checked the wifi and even changed the router to the latest version but still no update screen info, just...
  6. Windows update not in history

Windows update not in history: On December 5th, I shutdown my PC and noticed a quick windows update. The next day I started my PC and sure enough it loaded the rest of the update. I went into the history and nothing is there, maybe malicious? Did anyone else have this to occur, Thanks....
  7. Windows Update is blank

Windows Update is blank: So my windows update screen is blank. What should I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-blank/674110a1-8a2d-4930-ac32-9d1e3cbf628a
  8. Windows 10 Update History is blank

Windows 10 Update History is blank: Latest update seemed to go okay on one machine, but another seems to have failed badly. Or maybe not? The Update History was completely blank, though it added one entry after the Windows Defender Antivirus signature file was updated. All the other entries (and their parent...
  9. Windows update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update history: I just checked my update history and there were only 2 updates listed, both installed on 5/2. Isn't there supposed to be a complete list of updates? I know my list is always longer than this. Don't understand. 49410
  10. App history is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App history is blank: When I first installed Windows 10 using a fresh install back on Sept. 10th, everything was showing up on the task manager under the "App history" tab. Since Sept. 30th, it has been blank, but all of the apps are still working, just not showing up there. Not sure if it was an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank windows update history

2. Windows Update History Blank Windows 10

3. windows update history is blank