Windows 10: Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

Discus and support Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikenicoll87, May 23, 2016.

1. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

Hello,

I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading dots instead.

I am not on the latest revision of Windows 10 but I haven't been able to update since moving from Windows 8. I have tried almost every guide or suggestion on the internet with my Google Fu but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks,

Mike

:)

mikenicoll87, May 23, 2016

2. internet explorer crashing

after updating to windows 10 internet explore crashes immediately upon opening what can I do?

TracyBlount, May 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Photos crashes

Windows 10 Photos crashes upon opening. No error message appears. I double click on a photo to open it the black window or the Photos opens then immediately crashes.

MikeD_00711, May 23, 2016
  4. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Application Name: praid:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel
    Application Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Application Timestamp: 559f39ae
    Fault Module Name: combase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Fault Module Timestamp: 559f3aac
    Exception Code: 80070422
    Exception Offset: 00000000000230e5
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: c8b0
    Additional Information 2: c8b05971e75c9155c2cff5ed405c8073
    Additional Information 3: 2f98
    Additional Information 4: 2f983253818bfc5b300ec63fb9689867

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: ba4af345826c2380cc11abb610720043 (133162707920)

mikenicoll87, May 23, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    philc43, May 23, 2016
  6. Version 10.0 - (Build 10240)

I have tried the SFC /scannow command and it reported no errors.

Mike

mikenicoll87, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

1. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening - Similar Threads - Update Immediately Crashes

2. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  3. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  4. Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.

Unable to open up any Windows Settings. Crashes immediately upon opening.: I am not sure when it start but I am unable to open up Windows Settings or anything related to Windows Settings i.e services or notification settings, etc. When I initially try to open it after a fresh boot, it gives an error that says "The instruction at 0x00007FF87A8A4F34...
  5. App on desktop immediately closes upon opening

App on desktop immediately closes upon opening: When I try to open up an app on my Windows 10 desktop, the app immediately closes itself. I have tried researching the issue myself but was unsuccessful. For example, when I click to open Minecraft, it shows the Mojang logo then closes. I cannot go to the Microsoft app store...
  6. Email Closes Immediately Upon Opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Closes Immediately Upon Opening in Windows 10: Your suggestions of May 17th are worthless. Instead of offering up absurd recommendations you're obviously reading out of a "How To" manual, it might be more helpful if you actually spend more than 5 minutes on crafting a quick 'n dirty response that helps NO ONE!...
  7. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...
  8. Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    Immediate return desktop upon re-opening lid: When I close the lid of my laptop, then re-open later on it gives a nice picture screen with lots of little messages and a large time/date on the left. What I want to happen is to go back either to my desktop, or where I left off when I closed. Win 10 home. Only options...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  10. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...