Windows 10: windows update interfere with sound?

Discus and support windows update interfere with sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings I had to go back (recover) to a backup (True Image clone of C*Smile from Dec. 1 due to a problem I couldn't solve. It worked and solved the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zivshosh, Dec 15, 2017.

1. zivshosh Win User

windows update interfere with sound?

Greetings
    I had to go back (recover) to a backup (True Image clone of C*Smile from Dec. 1 due to a problem I couldn't solve.
    It worked and solved the problem (until now).
    After this recovery I lost windows last update and returned from ver.1709 to ver.1703.
    This was yesterday. Then all I did is update of a freeware program Calibre (epub viewer)
    and when I shut down windows noticed that I'm in 1703 and added some updates.
    Today when I started I noticed that my speakers don't work. Checked everything I could and found nothing to corrects.
    I have a Gigabyte board with on board sound by realtek.
    Recovering again revived the speakers.
    My question: could windows updates intefere with the sound?
    What could cause this failure?
    Does the fact that I still have DeliveryOptimization & SoftwareDistribution folders interfere with the updates so that I have to delete their content?
    Thank you

:)

zivshosh, Dec 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 updates interfere with Windows Live Mail

Hi Ross,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Windows Update Delivery Optimization lets you get Windows updates and Windows Store apps from sources in addition to Microsoft. This can help you get updates and apps more quickly if you have a limited or unreliable Internet connection. And if you
    own more than one PC, it can reduce the amount of Internet bandwidth needed to keep all of your PCs up-to-date. Delivery Optimization also sends updates and apps from your PC to other PCs on your local network or PCs on the Internet.

Delivery Optimization is turned on by default in Windows 10. You may turn off Delivery Optimization if you wish. Follow the below link on how to turn off Delivery Optimization.

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

Windows Update-Übermittlungsoptimierung: Häufig gestellte Fragen

Kindly follow the below steps to reschedule the restart after downloading the updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows
      update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update.

• Click on Advanced options under Windows updates.

• Select the Notifies to scheduled restart form drop down menu under the
      Choose how update are installed.
    You will be prompted to scheduled restart when to install the updates after the updates are downloaded.

You may refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Choose how updates are installed

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-choose-how-updates-are-installed

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updates interfere with Windows Live Mail

Windows 10 updates stop Windows Live Mail from opening when I am working on or opening up the computer, how do I stop auto load of up dates and do them when I want to ?

[Original title: Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail]

RossWilliamson, Dec 15, 2017
  4. zivshosh Win User

will latest realtek audio drivers help?
    thanks again

zivshosh, Dec 15, 2017
  5. zivshosh Win User
    problem solved
    windows last update (adobe flash player & security) changed default speaker device!

zivshosh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows update interfere with sound? - Similar Threads - update interfere sound

2. Mcaffee Interference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mcaffee Interference: Mcaffee constantly interferes with Windows Defender, Core Isolation features are told to be turned off, McAffee breaks the Microsoft Firewall and replaces it with their own and it's getting annoying! I can never think I'm safe because every day I get a warning sign and I...
  3. Windows Edge Interference

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge Interference: Opening Desk Top and/or Cortana search items Edge pops up and then disappears.Use Firefox and Bing - my defaults. Edge is not enabled anywhere.What am I overlooking?Thank you....
  4. Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.: Good evening, I have a problem in my new Dell G7 7700, I have updated my drivers and the Bios even and reinstalled Windows 10. The problem persists I do not know what it is really about I am attaching the google drive link of the video just when the problem appears....
  5. Keyboard interference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard interference: Accidentaly There were two keyboards plugged into my computer simultaneously, and now some keys only work on one keyboard some only work on the other, even if I disconnect one. I have tried the most common solutionsdriver, uninstall, trubleshooter, safe mode.. ect Do you...
  6. Line interference

in Windows 10 Support
    Line interference: Hello, About a week ago, this started happening in Slack and OneNote, and I just noticed it happening in Discord as well. I have no idea what words to use to search for this problem, so I don't know if anyone else has come across it. This odd grid of white lines happens on...
  7. GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio: I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when the GPU is under load. It seems to be coupled to the refresh rate, i.e. animations, mouse movement. the noise is around 30 to...
  8. windows interference

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows interference: how to make windows stop interrupting me to tell me that my display settings have been changed. Is there some kind of "don't ask this question again button"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-interference/7ad6c7e8-84b4-42f3-a503-def3151f9b44
  9. Unwanted interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted interference: How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unwanted-interference/83bbe8c0-9774-4ef3-8da8-bde2bffb800e
  10. Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows Update interfere with WIFI connectivity?: Hi guys. I got a problem with my wifi whereas when I do ping google.com -t, I am having long queues of: (like every few minutes) Request time out Request time out General failure General failure or high pings I had this problems on 2 ASUS pcs. I returned the...