Windows 10: Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers

Discus and support Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello lads, lately i have a big problems with windows 10 autoupdate. It is spontaneously pushing new graphic drivers for me. My laptop has its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RulerKelso, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers

Hello lads,
    lately i have a big problems with windows 10 autoupdate. It is spontaneously pushing new graphic drivers for me. My laptop has its approved intel/nvidia graphic drivers from MSI manufacturer, but it has been 4rd time for 4 days windows install 22.21.13.8205 for nvidia. I m out of patience to reinstall drivers EVERY day after those crappy updates, which EVERY day completely ruins my laptop performance.
    I had windows uptades turned off (throught services.msc) until recently, when something has changed and now that stupid windows update is turning on as soon as I start system the next day and instantly reinstalls above mentioned driver with terrible performance.

Is there something I can do to stop windows updates completely? Looks like stoppin winupdate service does not work anymore. *Rolleyes

:)

RulerKelso, Dec 31, 2017

2. How do you prevent Windows 10 Pro from installing an in correct Intel graphics driver over and over again?

I use the graphics provided by the Intel i7 Haswell CPU. Windows 10 keeps installing Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. This is an incorrect
    driver according to Intel. I get an error message that the driver stopped and then restarted . This will go on for days until I use Intel's Driver update utility. I reboot and the problem stops. Then Windows 10 updates with the incorrect driver again.
    Again the error starts. I let it go for awhile. But then I use the Intel driver update utility and the problem is gone.

Then KB3103688 comes along and I hope this is the end of it. But right behind it is Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I stop all updates.
    How do I get out of this problem????? No more hiding unwanted updates as in the past. Deleting it after the install will only cause it to come back. HELP

OldMusicLI, Dec 31, 2017
  3. Error 0x80070563 Avermedia

installing graphic drivers: don't know how to do that but thanks.

The following update cannot be installed - it is called: Avermedia streaming media and broadcast services / Avermedia consumer infrared receiver - ERROR 0x80070563. Tried repeatedly to install this update without success. Any deas would be appreciated. Tx.

tieneke wolfert, Dec 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers

dalchina, Dec 31, 2017
  5. Hi, thanks for the quick answer.
    -I already ticked "no" in device installation settings the first day i realized windows reinstalled drivers. Did not worked for me for some reason.
    -Also in registry, there is already "0" in there, so it should not install any drivers.
    -Tried third method through that hide updates, but sadly, it says "there are no updates available for hide"...but of course when i start windows tomorrow, those crappy driver updates will miracleously appear again in my laptop.
    *im starting to hate windows 10 *chuckle

edit: tried to disable device installation in Group policy editor, i will let know how It worked tomorrow

RulerKelso, Dec 31, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Dec 31, 2017
  7. So, today evening I booted my notebook and what happened... windows f****ed my drivers .... again.
    Why it is still installing those driver updates even when i disabled update service, changed registry and used group policy?
    I want to decide what i want in my laptop, OS should not decide on this thing. I think it is ignoring registering aroung updates.
    Any suggestions what should I do to STOP that stupid updates completely? Or my only option is to roll back to win8.1?

And I got BSOD as a surprise after few minutes due to crappy drivers*cry very intelligent this... win10
    So again 30 min reinstalling both drivers.

RulerKelso, Dec 31, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Have you yet used the tool above to block the specific update?

dalchina, Dec 31, 2017
  9. Yep, it find nothing. Just say "There are no updates available for hide" Tried after reinstalling old drivers and restart, but still find nothing. I think something has changed in windows update service. It did not started by itself before. This problem is new. Till now stopping update in services.msc was enough.
    Im trying "Windows update blocker" utility now, it has option to protect service settings. I hope I will find something which will help me regain control again *092

RulerKelso, Dec 31, 2017
  10. Kryten Win User
    I get this sometimes as well with nvidia drivers.This is what works for me

1 Disconnect from internet

2 Run Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components batch file as ADMIN
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

3 connect to internet and run wushowhide and block drivers

4 run windows update

Kryten, Jan 1, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Earlier this year there was a problem with new Realtek drivers on Asus notebooks.
    To fix this problem the drivers were rolled back using device manager.
    This method worked for many of the BSOD.
    Sometimes we had to turn off Windows updates of non-Microsoft drivers.
    The menu settings have changed as Windows builds have changed.
    So far the information has not been found as to which Microsoft setting trumps the other.
    For example if you perform a rollback does it last until the next Windows update of non-Microsoft drivers or does it last indefinitely?
    Is there a method to alter which method trumps the other?
    So you can do it by trial and error.
    See if the rollback method alters the windows update of non-Microsoft drivers.

zbook, Jan 1, 2018
  12. MrHudson Win User
    I had same problem with network adapter driver, 4 times update installed it, 4 times I had to roll it back and tell them it doesn't work properly..
    I guess they got the message, update hasn't tried installing it any more..

MrHudson, Jan 1, 2018
  13. Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers

Looks like freeware utility - Windows update blocker did the trick. None annoying updates today *Party
    Here is the link if anybody has same problem as me
    Windows Update Blocker v1.0

Thx everyone for suggestons and advices

RulerKelso, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update is repeatedly installing unwanted graphic drivers - Similar Threads - update repeatedly installing

2. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  3. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  4. Repeating update request Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeating update request Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers: On my old laptop with windows 10, and now my Windows 11 laptop, I keep getting notified of constant graphics driver updates in a constant loop. I can't imagine Intel is issuing a new update every other day. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  5. Repeating update request Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeating update request Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers: On my old laptop with windows 10, and now my Windows 11 laptop, I keep getting notified of constant graphics driver updates in a constant loop. I can't imagine Intel is issuing a new update every other day. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  6. Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Driver Repeatedly Crashing: A few days ago, my monitor screen began turning black. This happened most often on tab and window switches. I figured it wasn't a monitor issue, because turning the monitor on and off resolved until the next blackout. Ctrl + shift + windows + B also helped, so I figured it...
  7. Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates: Yesterday, after playing FIFA 20 demo and having the game crash with supposedly GPU-related errors, I went to update my graphics drivers game ready driver via NVIDIA experience as I usually do. I installed the driver with the express option. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce...
  8. Windows installing unwanted driver

Windows installing unwanted driver: Windows keep downloading AMD graphics driver to my c-drive and installing it. This driver is not working, so I have to ujninstall it and use windows basic driver instead. How to stop windows from downloading this AMD driverm ? This **** drives me crazy.it...
  9. unwanted graphic

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted graphic: A few days ago, an unwanted graphic showed up on the bottom of my main screen (the one with the icons on it). It floats above everything else. I can't see my task bar. It is on every page - all internet pages, all excel and word pages - everything!!!! At first, I thought it...
  10. Windows Installing Unwanted Audio Driver

Windows Installing Unwanted Audio Driver: When i installed Windows earlier today it installed this drivers (1) [ATTACH] This Two driver Works Perfectly Fine And i want to stick to it.. But Windows keeps installing this two drivers (2) [ATTACH] Now i want know how do i remove the drivers shown in picture...