Windows 10: Windows update issue +Microsoft Edge adblocker greyed out

Discus and support Windows update issue +Microsoft Edge adblocker greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have been trying to install a plugin for Microsoft edge but looks like you have to download it through the store. when I find it on the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bert02, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Bert02 Win User

Windows update issue +Microsoft Edge adblocker greyed out

Hi I have been trying to install a plugin for Microsoft edge but looks like you have to download it through the store.
    when I find it on the windows store the free download button is greyed out in both????

I can download other stuff from there and the button is not greyed out so I am not sure why?

I was thinking I needed a windows update from what the main website for the plugin say "Microsoft Edge requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update"

so I open windows update but it sits there for ages checking for windows updates then says there was a problem and gives a retry button that doesn't do anything.

I have run the troubleshooter for windows updates and even though it said it has fixed an issue it still doesn't work.

I have an acer W510 windows 32bit tablet
    I had done an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and had problems so I have fully reformatted it with a clean install and starting to have problems again. id rather not have to fully reformat it again!
    I rarely use the tablet so unsure why I keep having so many issues!

TLDR
    is there some sort of magic fix for windows update.
    can I install the plugin for edge
    can I do it with reformatting!

:)

Bert02, Jun 23, 2017
  2. waycool6 Win User

Microsoft Edge AdBlock

Its a shame it don't work I tried took 20 minutes to update my PC but when I open edge I don't see the Extensions in the list of options. When I go to the app store to install AdBlock I am being told I need to upgrade Windows. I have already upgraded windows
    so this is not working.

waycool6, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Shenan Stanley, Jun 23, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Welcome to tenforums.

Bert02, You may want to familiarize yourself with the forum Rules, particularly #12. This site depends on revenue generated by advertising to pay the expenses of running it. No discussion of ad blocking software is allowed.

essenbe, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows update issue +Microsoft Edge adblocker greyed out - Similar Threads - update issue +Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Greyed out!: Although my laptop is running pretty smoothly I like to do regular maintenance. I only use the Edge browser and I haven't got another one. I was looking in my apps and features, and noticed the Microsoft Edge is greyed out. I think you can normally click on repair if it is...
  3. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Greyed out!: Although my laptop is running pretty smoothly I like to do regular maintenance. I only use the Edge browser and I haven't got another one. I was looking in my apps and features, and noticed the Microsoft Edge is greyed out. I think you can normally click on repair if it is...
  4. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AdBlock on new Microsoft Edge no longer works?

in Browsers and Email
    AdBlock on new Microsoft Edge no longer works?: Hello, since the update for Microsoft Edge to version 84.0.522.63, where some pretty serious changes were made, I can't use the app "AdBlock" from BetaFish (from the Microsoft Store) anymore. Up to now I could always see AdBlock and Ghostery in the bar at the top and...
  6. Microsoft Edge Known Issue - Adblock causing errors on YouTube

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Known Issue - Adblock causing errors on YouTube: Hello Insiders, Our Media team has received a number of reports regarding a potential bug, so we wanted to loop you in on our findings. We’ve heard that a number of users who have the AdBlock (Plus) or Adblock for Youtube extensions installed are running into...
  7. Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock: I use adblock, have always used it, and after the new update I wanted to go from Chrome to the new Edge. Brought over adblock and other stuff from chrome, but the adblock doesnt seem to work on youtube on the edge browser... It works fine on Chrome though. submitted by...
  8. Share button is greyed out in edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Share button is greyed out in edge: Share button is greyed out in edge. please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-button-is-greyed-out-in-edge/a14f5b47-ed06-4e13-b18b-faaf23a376ab
  9. Edge+AdBlocker

in Browsers and Email
    Edge+AdBlocker: Hello guys any good adblocker for Edge? I'm frustrated with those ads I added some adblock list in my Host but seems is not working. any suggestions? 38460
  10. Windows Edge adblocker?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge adblocker?: Just wondering if there is a Adblock software that can be trusted for Windows Edge? I'd like something that can take ads from Youtube too. Adblock Plus was perfect but they don't have one released yet for the Edge browser. -thanks 20149