Windows 10: Windows Update Jan 3/2018

Discus and support Windows Update Jan 3/2018 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192) I have manually downloaded the Feb cumulative update that "fixed" the issues with this Jan update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aiden, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Aiden Win User

Windows Update Jan 3/2018

January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192)

I have manually downloaded the Feb cumulative update that "fixed" the issues with this Jan update. For several days, all was well, however this Jan update is still trying to install everyday and telling me to reboot because it couldn't finish the install. My specific question is "How can I "rid" myself of this update? Is there any way to make it stop trying to update?

:)

Aiden, Feb 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 update of Jan, 3, 2018 KB4056892 causes display adapter reset.

Hello, first time for me to send help, but when this update happened when I booted my PC on sometimes the display doesn't shown or reverts to a different resolution that does make my display bigger and has white dashes across. It didn't happen before
    with the previous update and was fine other than not playing World of Tanks and making my computer freeze, but other games are fine. I had to do a couple or more manual resets to get my display fix, but I want a permanent fix and not doing this each time
    I boot up my PC. Also there was an error during that called 0x800706BA which was resolved after waiting a few minutes to kick in, but I'm wondering if it'll cause some severe damage to my PC. I've got a DELL S2740L and wanting to know if it's still usable
    or need to switch out for a new monitor or a HDMI Cable replacement. I've did run both updates on Graphics Card which is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3Gb version and it's up to date along with a Windows update. So please if you guys can fix this or having a
    patch so that I don't have to manually reset my PC I'll be grateful for results.

StephenShackelford, Feb 24, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 Error 0x80240034

The Cumulative Update on Jan 3. 2018 resulted in build 16299.192. This is the latest public release update. There have been 3 Cumulative Updates since the post you have referred to.

Go Settings, Update & Security, View update history and check there for the updates.

lacrumb, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

welcome to TenForums @Aiden

First try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter found in System > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

If you still have problems, you could try resetting Windows Update as described in this tutorial.

*Arrow Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

5. Aiden Win User
    I ran the troubleshooter and it fixed 2 of three issues. I then downloaded the file from the tutorial and when I tried to run it I got the following error. "Cannot reset windows update since "Windows Update" (wuauserv) service failed to stop.

Aiden, Feb 25, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Brink's advice for someone with a similar problem was in post #8 of that thread.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update Jan 3/2018 - Similar Threads - Update Jan 2018

2. October 2018 update (1809) Windows 10 fails on Surface 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 update (1809) Windows 10 fails on Surface 3: Hi, I've tried the October 2018 update a couple of times on my Surface 3 (before and after it was paused), but it always reverts back to the 1803 version with the following message: We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was right before...
  3. Intel VTune Amplifier 2018 Update 3 Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel VTune Amplifier 2018 Update 3 Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00194 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 12/11/2018 Last revised: 12/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® VTune Amplifier 2018 may allow...
  4. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.: Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on the screen said something like "Schedule Restart or Restart now" so I selected the "Restart Now" option and my computer began...
  5. This Week on Xbox: August 3, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: August 3, 2018: ZtDQJIkoRRU We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  6. laptop not responding after 3/2018 Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    laptop not responding after 3/2018 Windows 10 updates: Chrome won't load. It opens but just keeps showing "Loading ... ." When I click on Start/Settings, the Settings box opens but nothing in it. When I open Task Manager a blank gray window opens. Just to name a few ... Last night after 3 forced shutdowns and then...
  7. Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018: We've released a new driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 3. This update includes new firmware for Surface UEFI which resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002. This update is available in MSI format from the Surface...
  8. Windows security updates released Jan 3, 2018, and AV software

in Windows 10 News
    Windows security updates released Jan 3, 2018, and AV software: Important: Windows security updates released January 3, 2018, and antivirus software Overview Microsoft has identified a compatibility issue with a small number of antivirus software products. The compatibility issue arises when antivirus applications make...
  9. Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018: If you use assistive technologies, you can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10 experience for people who use these technologies. Please take advantage of this offer before it expires on January 16, 2018. (extended...
  10. Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Devices - Jan. 9, 2018: Over the next few days, we are releasing updates for several Surface devices, including: Surface Book 2 Surface Laptop Surface Studio Surface Book Surface Pro 4 Surface Pro 3 (Preview) These updates include updated Surface UEFI firmware for each listed device to address...