Windows 10: Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

Discus and support Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone having same problem following this update? I have been using hp officejet pro 8610 for many months without a hitch. I noticed the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by helloha, Jun 13, 2017.

1. helloha Win User

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

Anyone having same problem following this update?
    I have been using hp officejet pro 8610 for many months without a hitch. I noticed the printer driver was no longer working once Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4022725 had installed. The Printer Driver Version is 32.3 direct from HP.
    Although the printer was still visible in devices and printers, I was unable to print via network. I manually uninstalled the update and recovered the printer functionality. Problem is auto update in windows 10 keeps nagging to reinstall the update and the problem is reproducible. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

helloha, Jun 13, 2017

2. HP printer stopped working

Hi, after Windows 10 performed an automatic update, KB4022725, v. 1703, my HP Envy 5643 stopped working. Whenever I attempted to print Windows would not show my printer is not an option. I went int settings and added my printer, after adding my printer,
    that Windows found and installed, it shows "THE DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE". Attempted to install printer using HP installation and troubleshooting software, and no luck. Tried every solution that I could find online, and nothing worked.This is very frustrating.
    Anybody have any problem similar to this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

B. Mac1944, Jun 13, 2017
  3. HP Officejet 6500 E709A Stops Working after Update

I had already gotten the printer working prior to the post. Note that under Windows 10, I cannot find a Drivers Tab. However when I right click on the printer, I can select a driver update (Update Driver Software --> browse my computer --> let me pick from
    a list of device drivers). I found 3 drivers for the HP Officejet 6500 E709A printer. I tried installing each one until I found one that worked for my network printer -- "HP Officejet 6500 E709A Class Driver."

This worked for the network printer,

However, ever since the 2 printer update that Windows Update forced on my computer, the HP Software suite for that printer (including faxing from my computer) stopped working.

Please get Microsoft to stop its forced distribution via Windows Update for Windows 10 of these 2 updates:

• HP - Printers - HP Of0ficejet 6500 E709a Series.

• HP driver update for HP Officejet 6500 E709a Series

By the way, I tried downloading from HP and installing the latest version of the HP print software for this printer, The installation program crashes and is apparently really for Windows 8. I will take that up with HP support.

But let me emphasize that this all worked before the 2 Windows Updates. I have verified that backing them out via Windows Restore recovers full function until the updates are pushed again by Windows Update,

Robert Hyman, Jun 13, 2017
  4. helloha Win User

Following installation of KB4022725 simply uninstall the HP printer driver via control panel.
    Then add printer via Control panel> Devices>Printers& scanners>Add a printer or scanner
    Windows reinstalls driver and all works *Smile

helloha, Jun 26, 2017
  5. This did not work for me. It still shows driver is unavailable. Tried it over and over and rebooted. Nothing else has worked except uninstalling the update like above.
    Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver [​IMG]

conniejw765, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Happened to me as well after last Win10 major update. Remove the printer device, keep the drivers instaled, and re-add the printer manually by using its IP address. This fixed the thing for me.

Roman Krejci, Jul 31, 2017
  7. helloha Win User
    Following re-installation of Windows 10 I am facing the same problem; the HP printer driver simply refuses to install. Windows will install the printer but say the driver is unavailable. The printer IP is visible to windows following connection via WPS push method.
    Removing the printer and then adding does not install the driver either.
    Microsoft and HP I give up. I think I might have to use a wired connection to overcome this problem.

helloha, Aug 14, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

According to Microsoft Update Catalog that KB was released back on June 10, 2017. I don't recall the Build number, am now on Version 1703 Build 15063.540 [Windows key +R, winver]. If I ever got it [and I usually always do] there were no problems with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 or HP LaserJet PRO MFP M26nw. Both are connected via Ethernet to my Router.
    Microsoft Update Catalog

Berton, Aug 14, 2017
  9. helloha Win User
    The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver - Similar Threads - Update KB4022725 breaks

2. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support: I have a HP Elitebook 745 G5 with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and I had manually installed HP hotkey support because Windows Update's keyboard driver doesn't had support for Fn functions. I worked well for a while, till Windows Update installed in second plane an update of HP...
  3. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support: I have a HP Elitebook 745 G5 with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and I had manually installed HP hotkey support because Windows Update's keyboard driver doesn't had support for Fn functions. I worked well for a while, till Windows Update installed in second plane an update of HP...
  4. Windows Driver Update Breaks HP Hotkey Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update: Tried to print photos for the first time in over a month. It failed. Device manager indicates no drivers for the hp printer which I can only assume is due to a windows 10 update as I have two machines and both provide the same information. Tried removing all hp software and...
  6. Windows Updates is breaking Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Updates is breaking Printers: I have had 4 printers including my own that have been broken by apparently a MS update. I can find no one to help with this situation. The printer is no longer recognized on the USB port - NOT any USB port. NO sound no indication or response at all. I am trying to...
  7. KB4022725 install fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4022725 install fail: KB4022725 update is failing to install on my Windows 10 creator's edition. Ran the included windows update troubleshooter multiple times, it always finds and "fixes" the same things but the update still doesn't install. I stopped trying to install the update during the...
  8. Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver: Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household. Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so...
  9. Windows Updates 6/17: KB4022725 + KB4022405 -- Google Chrome Issues?

Windows Updates 6/17: KB4022725 + KB4022405 -- Google Chrome Issues?: Since these two updates have been added to my system, Google Chrome crashes constantly -- freezing, unresponsive, etc. Any others with this problem? Fixes to this? Thank you! Jennifer 87268
  10. Cumulative Update KB4022725 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.413

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4022725 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.413: Update June 27th 2017: Cumulative Update KB4022716 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.447 - Windows 10 Forums June 13, 2017 - KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413 PC and 15063.414 Mobile) Improvements and fixes This security update includes quality improvements. No new...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer issue KB4483229

2. kb4483229 print server