Windows 10: Windows update last night - laptop not working now

Discus and support Windows update last night - laptop not working now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working. When I turn on the laptop the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowzupdate, May 18, 2018.

1. Windows update last night - laptop not working now

Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working.

When I turn on the laptop the first error pops up just before I type in my login details.

Ctfmon.exe - sucess
    Unknown hard error

I then click OK and it says

Sihost.exe - system warning
    Unknown hard error

I then click OK and I can type my username and password and it takes a long time to log in. The most recent try it just continues spinning the welcome message and doesn't log in properly.

My desktop now has no icons, except the recycle bin (which it doesn't let me view) and I cant go in explorer to see my docs etc.(it takes a very long time to log in, and doesn't work every time) The WiFi isn't working, although device manager says it is enabled. I have started in safe mode via msconfig, also disabled all of the start up programs but no change. Explorer.exe isn't running in task manager so I can't exit it and restart it. I can't get into control panel either and do a system restore.
    If I click on the start button or right click on the task bar, nothing happens.
    I am not hugely techy but I am competent in Windows and have been fiddling around today and can't get it resolved. It's very frustrating that the windows update has done this *Sad
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the laptop for work.. Doh

Thank you

:)

Windowzupdate, May 18, 2018

2. Windows did an update last night and now WeatherBug wont work.

<Original title: WeatherBug and Windows 10>

Windows did an update last night and now WeatherBug wont work.

Any one else have this problem?

william gess, May 20, 2018
  3. RogerWyse Win User
    Update last night

windows 10 updated last night and now all my PDF files open in edge! How do I change it back to Adobe?

RogerWyse, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows update last night - laptop not working now

1. Windows update last night - laptop not working now - Similar Threads - update last night

2. My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific...: My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific Wi-Fi even though the Wi-Fi is working perfectly well in other devices I have tried many ways And I’m unable to set up my pin for laptop it shows error...
  3. My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific...: My laptop for working fine till last night but now it is showing no internet to a specific Wi-Fi even though the Wi-Fi is working perfectly well in other devices I have tried many ways And I’m unable to set up my pin for laptop it shows error...
  4. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work: It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in safe mode. I just need a way to roll back the update but I literally cannot interact with my computer once windows boots up....
  5. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work: It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in safe mode. I just need a way to roll back the update but I literally cannot interact with my computer once windows boots up....
  6. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  7. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  8. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Windows update last night screwed up my laptop: Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just...
  9. Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop

Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop: Hi, I have an HP with Windows 7 updated to Windows 10. All has been fine with the computer until i finally did Windows Update last night. That took so long I kept computer and went to bed. This morning I wake up to a computer not opening showing the picture below....
  10. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows update last night... Today laptop not working - Wind

2. windows 10 updated last night and now computer wont go to sign in screen

3. get help on problems from last nights windows update

4. sihost.exe black screen