Windows 10: Windows Update MiniTool

Discus and support Windows Update MiniTool in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; You can use this tool Windows update minitool , Windows Update MiniTool Download I just tried this and it found several drivers that needed updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelmercier, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Windows Update MiniTool

I just tried this and it found several drivers that needed updates. As I precaution I manually checked a couple of devices in Device Manager, and sure enough they updated.

This tool is either awesome, or is going to cause problems: do others use it?

:)

nigelmercier, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Piotr Stacewicz, Dec 11, 2015
  3. th75 Win User
    I have tried everything and cannot stop Windows 10 from auto updating my Intel Graphics Driver...

Hi! Someone else in the thread suggested a 3rd party program called Windows Update MiniTool. It's basically like Wushowhide but not an official Microsoft program.

4. Superfly Win User

Windows Update MiniTool

I tried it yesterday, and got a bunch of Japanese updates....no idea why and none of those listed in windows update that are ready to install.

Superfly, Dec 11, 2015
  5. DooGie Win User
    I spotted that the other day but decided to put my sensible head on and didn't download it.

Personally I can do without 3rd party software that decides to download Windows updates. Could be downloading all sorts of crap.

DooGie, Dec 12, 2015
  6. I agree that caution is needed, but you can tell it to just look without installing, and then choose what you want.

nigelmercier, Dec 12, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    That tool is a known trouble maker. The so called updates are usually not needed and you end up opening yourself to malware. Only use Windows update to handle the drivers, or check the manufacturer website.

Drivers should not update, unless there was some change done by the manufacturer. The only tool that is trustworthy is Secunia's PSI (Personal Software Inspector) downloaded from Secunia.com or majorgeeks.com. Free security software - Secunia Personal Software Inspector

If you are wanting a trustworthy software repository, Majorgeeks.com is the only place to know that you are not getting possible infected software.

bro67, Dec 12, 2015
  8. DoItJust Win User

Windows Update MiniTool

This tool is using the windows update service to find updates, only addition is it gives you control over the update process.
    There is a long thread at MDL re. this

DoItJust, Dec 12, 2015
  9. The MDL thread seems mostly about it being a virus (it isn't), but I don't use that site so I can't see all the posts.

Windows Update MiniTool

nigelmercier, Dec 12, 2015
  10. DoItJust Win User
    There was some confusion in the beginning when people mixed up the download site (which gave warnings in some AV-progs) with the tool itself. It was all cleared up as you can see if you read the thread to the end.

DoItJust, Dec 12, 2015
  11. gpstoloff Win User
    My problem with the tool is that, every time I try to install it, I get the Russian version rather than the English version.

Any suggestions?

gpstoloff, Dec 13, 2015
  12. DoItJust Win User
    You should download the english version of the wumt_lang.ini file and put it in the same dir as the executable.

DoItJust, Dec 13, 2015
  13. tracit99 Win User

Windows Update MiniTool

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...pdate-MiniTool

Use (WUMT --- download) link listed on page from above link.

First you must download the tool (comes in both x86 and x64 versions) then download you preferred language ini file. Place language ini file in same directory as x86 and x64 files.

This tool can give you complete control of Windows Update. You can first view available updates and then decide which ones you want to install. You can also hide updates you do not want. I have disabled Microsoft's Automatic Windows Update and I use this tool exclusively for all Windows Update in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.

tracit99, Dec 13, 2015
  14. webbj Win User
    Does it matter where the folder with the .exe and .ini files are located or is it an install and location is choosen for us?

webbj, Dec 17, 2015
  15. tracit99 Win User
    Your choice. Make your own folder and call it whatever you like. The executables do not install anything. They are basically portable programs.

tracit99, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows Update MiniTool

1. Windows Update MiniTool - Similar Threads - Update MiniTool

2. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  3. 0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070643 Windows Update Error, issue running KB5028997 to increase WinRE partition size,...: I am getting error 0x80070643 when running Windows Update. I ran through the steps in KB5028997 to increase the Windows Recovery partition. Everything appears to work up to the last step of running reagentc /enable when I get the Windows RE image was not found. below are the...
  4. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...
  5. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  6. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  7. Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager

Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager: Hi, I'm annoyed by Windows 10 auto updates (especially the driver ones) and I'mglad that I finally found a solution but I have some questions regarding Wumt and Wumgr: -Do they work on all editions of windows (home, pro...) -I read something about a wrapper script but I...
  8. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  9. Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem

Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem: I used the tool. I updated periodically one by one due to my daily download limit. I updated a few updates. Finally I have to update latest cumulative windows x64 update 4013429. That tool could not update that. When I went to settings|update, I get like the pic below. It...
  10. How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How good is Windows Update MiniTool?: So since my HDD broke down i thought I should do a proper installation of Windows 10 Pro including the right drivers So I downloaded them from my manufacturer's website and then ran Windows Update. Surfing around the internet I found this Update Tool. Everything...