Windows 10: Windows Update not installing drivers

Discus and support Windows Update not installing drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just performed a clean install and after running windows update it failed to install some drivers. Not sure which drivers I need now since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stamos, Aug 12, 2015.

1. stamos Win User

Windows Update not installing drivers

So I just performed a clean install and after running windows update it failed to install some drivers. Not sure which drivers I need now since I thought windows is supposed to install the right ones on its own.

Windows Update not installing drivers [​IMG]

:)

stamos, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Badger02 Win User

Windows update, Not installing drivers, Task bar!

First of all I have 3 problems!

1) I updated Windows 10 this week and now found out that the Network adapters (Intel(R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection) as no driver installed, and it was fine before hand, I cannot install drivers because of no network connection! I did a system restore
    before the updates and is now back online again, So I did a Driver update for the Network adapter 82583v and Windows10 stated this below.

(Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device) found but cannot install them

Windows found drivers for your device but encourted an error while attemping to install them.

The system cannot find the file specified.

So I decided to go to intel website and download the Intel(R) Network Connections Software Version 22.10 but also states that it as a problem installing the driver for the network adapter aswell! this will happen before and after updates. So at the moment
    I cannot go ahead and update my Windows10 b

ecause I will lose internet..

2) Same problem with printer drivers cannot install.

3) Task bar seems to have a mind of its own some days its fine then other days it will stop working!

Windows specs are Windows 10 Pro, Ver 1709, OS Build 16299.98

MB is an Asus Crosshair V Formula-z BIOS is up to date!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

Badger02, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Badger02 Win User
    Windows update, Not installing drivers, Task bar!

Thank you for your reply Stephanie,

I did the above and found that there was no integrity violations reported and that everything was okay, nothing as fixed the problem and

I could not even go back to a restore point afterwards to get my network connection back! it as lead me to reinstall Windows10 once again! which by the way as fix the problem.

As far as the update to the Network adapter (Intel(R) 82583V there was no update to install I'm still using the same driver now! it seems to whatever the Window update did took out the driver for the Network adapter and wouldn't install one back onto the
    system!

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Badger02, Aug 12, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

WhyMe, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Update not installing drivers - Similar Threads - Update installing drivers

2. Windows Update forcing driver install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  3. Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure: My system seems to have ran into a serious problem, and this problem is quite complicated.About half a year ago, I start up my computer and found out that "Windows Update" service had disappeared.When I use "net start wuauserv" in cmd it just returns Invalid Service.I also...
  4. Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update and Driver Installation Failure: My system seems to have ran into a serious problem, and this problem is quite complicated.About half a year ago, I start up my computer and found out that "Windows Update" service had disappeared.When I use "net start wuauserv" in cmd it just returns Invalid Service.I also...
  5. Windows update installing older drivers!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update installing older drivers!: I have fresh install with windows 10 x64 20H2 v2 iso and I have installed all the latest drivers without internet connection so that windows wont install older drivers after that i connected to internet and windows still installed older drivers a lot of them including graphic...
  6. Drivers installation from Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drivers installation from Windows Update: How can I stop installing all thedrivers from Windows Update? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-installation-from-windows-update/53e6a333-7282-4837-b33f-a8524bd7ae1c
  7. Driver Install and updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Install and updates: Can someone help me please? I accidentally uninstalled the Generic PnP Monitor driver, now my PC has a black screen. how can i fix it. It is an Hp 250 G5 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-install-and-updates/5a372979-9e05-4485-9adb-95b483f03a6f
  8. Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update

Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update: I haven't been able to install Windows updates for quite a while. Attempting to do so usually results in a crash on restart followed by a recovery. I went as far as trying to reset my pc but that failed as well. Finally, even writing a repair disk onto a usb didn't work, as...
  9. Windows Update and driver installation/update problems

Windows Update and driver installation/update problems: Note: I am on the Skip Ahead branch of WIP, but I'm quite sure my problem is in no way related to this. Greetings, I have recently found myself in quite an unfortunate situation: by (I admit) playing around a bit too much with Revo Uninstaller, I have probably ended up...
  10. installing driver update

installing driver update: i just updated my pc to v1709 but after it it is not installing any updates ,and says ''Awaiting Installing'' take a look ,please tell me solution[ATTACH]...