Windows 10: Windows Update now royally inoperative

Discus and support Windows Update now royally inoperative in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; no more sub 15 second reboots as it now tries in vain to update upon shutting down twice and the same upon restarting, only to say it was unable and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 10fused, Nov 20, 2017.

1. 10fused Win User

Windows Update now royally inoperative

no more sub 15 second reboots as it now tries in vain to update upon shutting down twice and the same upon restarting, only to say it was unable and is uninstalling all updates. Please see this thread in the link below where the command prompt instructions weren't clear as to where the "RENAME" command was to be entered, perhaps, I'm just guessing. Command Prompt Input Error renaming update files - Windows 10 Forums How do I fix my updater and that pesky cumulative 1703 update that has been hanging me up for nearly 2 weeks now?

:)

10fused, Nov 20, 2017

2. DVD inop after loading windows 10

I did a clean install of windows 10 and now dvd drive is inop.

Stevedanger1, Nov 20, 2017
  3. techiegz Win User
    Can't sync Windows Phone 7 to Exchange Server 2007 - error 85010013

That sucks royally. I sure hope the updates are cooking right now to fix this ASAP or forget getting into the enterprise.

techiegz, Nov 20, 2017
  4. Windows Update now royally inoperative

Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
  5. 10fused Win User
    This did not work.

There were some failures to locate and access denied language that flashed on the command prompt screen.

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
  6. Did you run as administrator (right click, Run as administrator)

Ken

7. 10fused Win User
    Yes, I ran it as an administrator.

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
  8. Windows Update now royally inoperative

Okay. I will try on one of my machines.

9. 10fused Win User
    I just ran the wu170509.diagcab as administrator

here is the current output and where I have stopped awaiting further instructions

Windows Update now royally inoperative [​IMG]

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
  10. There is no harm in Applying this fix.

I ran the tool and put some more stops in it. I will investigate further.

11. 10fused Win User
    Proceeding with fixes per the diagcab tool.

Started at 12:19 for reference.

Here is the entire report.

I did get a pop-out notification it wanted to schedule an update session.

I am going to update and restart since that option is available from the power button menu unless you advise me otherwise.

I await further instructions.

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
  12. I checked with author. If the bat file does not stop with an error condition it succeeded.

Looks like your process had a very busy time. Yes please. Windows is ready to apply updates if it is showing on Power menu.

13. 10fused Win User

Clicked Update and Restart 12:53PM
    @30% 12:55
    then shut down
    did not restart

Manual restart at 12:56
    Getting Windows Ready, do not turn off your computer

updating, dntoyc
    92%@ 1Windows Update now royally inoperative :pM
    Windows Couldn't Complete the Updates
    Undoing Changes, dntyco
    Restarted before 1:01PM

Windows Couldn't Complete Updates
    Undoing Changes, dntyco

1:05 PM back on

pop out that said unable to update etc

I assume still FUBAR.

What next, run bat file again just for kicks and grins?

Let me know, thank you for your patient assistance.

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
  14. Which update are you trying to install, V1709 by chance?

Have you run sfc /scannow to see if it may be reporting corruption.

What version and build are you currently running?

If you know what kind of machine or specific MB are you using?

I had one machine, just the other day, 1709 failed twice but on third attempt it was successful. This is not a solution, I was feeling stubborn. Each time it ran it got some updates.

I started making progress by setting sleep to never

Thanks.

15. 10fused Win User

Thank you and very much so. I wish I knew what to do next.

10fused, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Update now royally inoperative - Similar Threads - Update royally inoperative

2. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  3. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  4. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Search inoperative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search inoperative: Hi all, My PC contains a directory of directories named “Documents” where all the documents I created are stored. In particular I know because I can open it there is a Word file containing the word “Cardan”: located in directory “Documents”, subdirectory...
  6. Keyboard Inop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Inop after update: Have an HP laptop, was working fine UNTIL...pop up said I needed to update windows 10. Took over an hour to update. When it rebooted the last time and came up to the sign on screen the ALPHA portion of the keyboard is inoperative. Numeric portion works but not the alpha. I...
  7. Search window inoperative

in Cortana
    Search window inoperative: Whyy am I unable to type in the search window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-inoperative/73b40372-cf7c-4121-9700-06d496c2cf6b
  8. USB INOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB INOP: 2 OF THE 3 USB PORTS ARE NOT WORKING ON MY ACER LAPTOP. THE 3.0 PORT IS WORKING THE OTHER 2 THAT ARE 2.O ARE INOP....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-inop/b85e2f54-9a42-4beb-b56a-6f08aafa9971
  9. Royal dnm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Royal dnm: ROYAL DRAGON NEST PRIVATE SERVER GUILD PACKAGE IS NOW UP! Do you have a guild? Do you want to experience a thrilling and a balanced gameplay? This is for you! A GUILD MUST HAVE 15 ACTIVE MEMBERS TO CLAIM REWARDS AND MUST FILL-OUT THE FOLLOWING FORMAT: GUILD NAME: GUILD...
  10. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Print Reader now Inoperative: I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer...