Windows 10: Windows Update overwrites a new AMD driver to the 15.11 one

Discus and support Windows Update overwrites a new AMD driver to the 15.11 one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is because I rollback to the old driver in the device manager, but when I update now to the real 17.6.2 driver WU overwrites it again, I can show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Deadalus3010, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Windows Update overwrites a new AMD driver to the 15.11 one

This is because I rollback to the old driver in the device manager, but when I update now to the real 17.6.2 driver WU overwrites it again, I can show it to you tomorrow.

I think I take some pictures, maybe I will record it

Deadalus3010, Jul 10, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

Yes, record it. It would be serious bug worth reporting.

CountMike, Jul 10, 2017
  3. Okay, I have recorded it with my phone and talked a bit about the problem and what Im doing exactly.

Should I cut the video? Its 25 minutes long. I can upload both, one shortened version and the raw version.

Deadalus3010, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update overwrites a new AMD driver to the 15.11 one

1. Windows Update overwrites a new AMD driver to the 15.11 one - Similar Threads - Update overwrites AMD

2. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  3. Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a new product key overwrite a pre-installed one?: I had to reset my 6 month old laptop that was pre loaded with Windows 11 Home and now I’m getting Windows not activated errors.-I tried the activation troubleshooter and it gave an error.-Tried to get the product key through powershell/cmd and both gave an error.-I finally...
  4. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  5. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers: Hi guys,For the last few months I've been having the issue of Microsofts AMD display drivers being automatically installed, replacing my AMD GPU drivers on my system. I don't have this issue of any other optional driver updates running just the gpu drivers.I have applied the...
  6. Windows optional update overwriting AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Omen 15 en0xxx amd 7 driver update issues.: Windows 10 is starting to get on my nerves. Ever since windows 10 added its own windows driver updater included with its own updates, I have experienced the pain and agony of buggy drivers, trying to keep it compatible with my device through amd's own updater, and after...
  8. Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.: I have a laptop with Ryzen 3550 H with Vega Graphics. I updated my drivers to the latest version i.e. 20.9.1 but windows updates keeps reverting it back to a version from 2019. Then I get an error saying the versions don't match. What should I do. It's pretty frustrating. I'm...
  9. Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.: So I installed windows 10 earlier this week, I believe the 7th of February. The system moves all my files into windows.old. I retrieve my vital files (mostly current projects and some game files) and marvel at how much faster my computer seems to run. Then about 30 minutes...
  10. New AMD driver Update error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New AMD driver Update error: Anyone else not able to install the "Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2 " driver? I keep running into an error while installing. 84861