Windows 10: Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview

Discus and support Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64 and I continue to receive this notification upon startup: [img] Showing more details: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TWCBen, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TWCBen Win User

Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview

Hello all,

I'm running Windows 7 Ult x64 and I continue to receive this notification upon startup:

Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview [​IMG]

Showing more details:

Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to remove? It's quite annoying. Choosing "Hide Update" doesn't work.

Thanks!

:)

TWCBen, Oct 4, 2014

2. Wondering how/when the tech preview will get updated.

Original title: Upgrade from Tech Preview

I have been running the tech preview as a dual boot with win-7 on my laptop.

Wondering how/when the tech preview will get updated.

Is it just a case of waiting in a queue?

Thanks,

Jerry

JerryRyan.bitman, Oct 4, 2014
  3. FilChris Win User
    Windows Technical Preview

Good Day! Will I have a free upgrade when I am using currently the Tech preview? Or does it have to be 8.1 or 7? (Using Tech Preview as day to day OS , Uninstalled 8.1)

When Windows 10 is released officially, Will Windows Tech Preview end?

Preview Build 10130

FilChris, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Superfly Win User

Superfly, Oct 4, 2014
  5. TWCBen Win User
    Worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

TWCBen, Oct 4, 2014
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    I am not showing that update being offered on my Windows 7 install.

But my question would be, why is Microsoft offering a Beta update to Windows 7 users if that Beta will not be continued into the final release? I know, it is a preview and not a Beta, but the question still stands.

Saltgrass, Oct 5, 2014
  7. waltc Win User
    Maybe for the same reasons Microsoft is offering the preview to Win8.1 users? (Just a guess...) I actually think it's a mistake for Microsoft to do that, though, as it undercuts their emphasized points about the need to be somewhat knowledgeable before installing the Windows 10 Preview, because more than "knowledgeable people" use Windows update...Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview ;) Not-so-knowledgeable people use Win7 Windows Update, too.

A thought just occurred to me: I'm wondering if for Win7 users the Win10TP will be uninstallable from Add-Remove programs?--I doubt it, but that might be a reason for them to feel OK about delivering a Preview through Windows update.

waltc, Oct 10, 2014
  8. Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview

Microsoft is not offering this to windows 7 users.

The way this happens and it gets added to windows 7 update is when you download the upgrade adviser instead of the iso from windows 10 website.

If you clicked start upgrade now on this page below, it integrates it with windows update allowing you to update your current OS to windows 10.

Source:

Download Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows

Andrew129260, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update Prompting an Upgrade to Tech Preview - Similar Threads - Update Prompting Upgrade

2. W10 Tech Preview upgraded to full version. Huh? Is that expected?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Tech Preview upgraded to full version. Huh? Is that expected?: Hi, This is more curiosity that anything - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth... I had two installations of the tech preview: One on an ex-XP Dell laptop for my father to play around with, and one in a VM. About 5 days ago my dad reported that it had "done...
  3. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  4. MSAHCI in the new tech preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSAHCI in the new tech preview?: I noticed a little difference in the controller after checking my SSD last night, this is on my laptop in my specs (Other info) This was a clean install of Win 7, [img] It automatically used msahci during install. This was a clean install of the Tech preview,...
  5. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  6. stop tech preview updating

in Windows 10 Support
    stop tech preview updating: hi all is it possible to stop the tech preview from updating itself to the latest release 9860 is usable for me as i run mediaportal and it is stable in 9860 9879 is unusable as mediaportal bluescreens as soon as it is opened i go back to 9860 and then in the morning...
  7. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips: I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD. Should I not install it? 2389
  8. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  9. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]
  10. New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March

in Windows 10 News
    New Tech Preview Update KB3050284 - March: Couldn't find this posted anywhere, so here is: Windows Technical Preview March Update (KB3050284) is available 4924