Windows 10: Windows update removed restore points

Discus and support Windows update removed restore points in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so one has to recreate that. Too bad one cannot go back. Wanted to use a restore point because all of a sudden my Outlook 2016 is gone. Off course... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Windows update removed restore points

so one has to recreate that. Too bad one cannot go back.

Wanted to use a restore point because all of a sudden my Outlook 2016 is gone. Off course one cannot find this when scrolling down after hitting the left corner and hitting then "all apps", where it is not seen.

I feel that way you do net see every app you have.

Before one could hit the left corner, get to the NEW Start, hitting the little arrow under and voil you had all your apps.

Now one has to scroll, scroll, scroll and....yes scroll.
    Even "search the web and windows" is a bridge to far, because you always get redireced to the web, what i do not want myself.

doing a search for Excell and you get....nothing.

Had to look for the location for Excell (thanks to properties) to find the library and repin it to the taskbar, BUT NO ... OUTLOOK IS GONE.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16"

this should be the location, but no OUTLOOK 2016.

So MS give my back Outlook, which i did not delete but which is gone and give my back my Start.

Anyone any idea how to avoid a reinstall here. Last resource is a restart which i will do now.

any help appreciated.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015

2. Auto upgrade of Windows 10, now can not print

Hello,

If the issue still continues even after removing the updates and reinstalling the printer, we advise restoring your PC to the point before the update was installed. Restoring your PC takes it back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point.
    Restore point are created whenever you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won't affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was
    created. Kindly follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    under Restore from a system restore point to restore your PC.

Please respond back if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Mar 19, 2015
  3. How to remove restore points?

Hi,

Please follow the steps below to remove restore points in Windows 10.

Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose
    System protection.

Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click
    Configure.

Step 3: Tap the Delete button.

Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 19, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

ok problem is found, solution not.

when wanting to do a restart i get a fault message: 0x0000F77D7D61985E5 memory fault at 0X000000000000008.

So right now i will try to restore Office.

I had to make a restore point after the upgrade MS did, a message from MS to everyone would have been nice.
    One cannot do a restore everytime MS does updates right?

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    You can't use a restore point to go back to an earier version of the OS - of course not. I've not idea why you would even think that would work.

You can revert back to your previous version Previous Version of Windows - Go Back in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Or you can re-install your preview version of office on your preview version of Windows.

EDIT
    Don't worry about that.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    Yes Adam, but i am stuck right now.
    if only there would have been an alert to make a restore point AFTER the install, then this would not have happen.

i simply forgot to do so. You misunderstood my reply above.

I can only uninstall and then reinstall Office 2016 and i can only hope the re-installation works smoothly. That is what bothers me the most.

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    I'd do a clean install rather than fight with things that don't upgrade correctly from one preview release to another.

Up to you of course.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  8. jeffrys Win User

Windows update removed restore points [​IMG]

this is what i get Adam,

i want the solution that costs the less time as possible

Thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  9. jeffrys Win User
    hi Adam,

roll back went smootly, i was surprised.

thanks for the good tips. Hopefully Windows does not reinstall the new version and if they do, without flaws.

i mark this as solved, but not really solved...

Jeff

jeffrys, Mar 19, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    Indeed not - I upgraded and it didn't work so well so I did clean install. It isn't really a solution but it works sometimes.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  11. jeffrys Win User
    yes Adam, i see that has a last resort....

You do have to reinstall everything, so a lot of work.

Am trying to avoid that. Need to work also. Haha

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update removed restore points - Similar Threads - update removed restore

2. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  3. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  4. Windows restore point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restore point: Sorry if it's a stupid question, What happens if I create a restore point, install some files that have malware or viruses, if I return to the restore point will I still have malware and viruses on my PC? submitted by /u/whyudozis2me [link] [comments]...
  5. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  6. *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

*UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*: A little bit of backstory: I downloaded a safe program bundled with a bunch of PuPs. Blind me didn't see the custom install feature. Anyways, because all the PuPs slowed down my PC by 25%, I wanted to make sure they were ALL GONE, so I preformed a system restore to a point...
  7. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  8. How to Remove Old Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Remove Old Restore Points?: Toshiba laptop L55 series, W10 Home Anniversary. With my older laptop running XP, I use to be able to manually delete older system restore points. I don't see a way to do that on my current machine. When I open System Restore, it shows all the restore points, but doesn't...
  9. Restore Points removed

Restore Points removed: I find that the oldest restore points regularly disappear even though I have system recovery on and more than adequate disc space allocated. Am I missing something? 37219
  10. Windows update removes earlier restore points

Windows update removes earlier restore points: Some earlier automatic Windows 10 updates removed all my earlier restore points and set the protection settings of the C: disk off. The recent Windows 10 update (Jan 29) again removed all my earlier restore points. This time the protection setting of my C: disk was still on,...