Windows 10: Windows update - restart button

Discus and support Windows update - restart button in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an update waiting on my pc, but settings app is crashing for me. Can I from command line execute the same command as the "Restart" button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by woodyard, May 11, 2017.

1. woodyard Win User

Windows update - restart button

I have an update waiting on my pc, but settings app is crashing for me. Can I from command line execute the same command as the "Restart" button is doing on the Windows Update window?

:)

woodyard, May 11, 2017

2. Don't have "Restart Now" button after Windows Update to Fall Creator 1709

Hello Ponlawat,

To further assist you with your concern, we suggest configuring the active hours using the Group Policy. We recommend that you disable the option
    Turn off auto-restart for updates during active hours. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

• To configure active hours using Group Policy, go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update.
    • Open the Turn off auto-restart for updates during active hours policy setting.
    • Click on Disabled.

After disabling the option, try to apply the update that needs the Restart Now button and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, May 11, 2017
  3. Don't have "Restart Now" button after Windows Update to Fall Creator 1709

We appreciate the information that you have provided. Upon checking the screenshots that you have provided, it could be that you have enabled the policy Turn off auto-restart for updates during active hours. If you have manually restarted your computer instead
    of it automatically restarting, that could be the scenario. If so, please check if you have enabled the following policies:

• No auto-restart with the logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations.
    • Always automatically restart at a scheduled time.

If those policies are not enabled, you may proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided on this link

You can't install updates on a Windows-based computer

Keep us posted with the results.

Jomel_Santos, May 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 11, 2017
  5. woodyard Win User
    Brink, on an pc where the settings app is not crashing, the behaviour is different. Pressing restart from the start menu doesn't apply the update, but hitting the Restart button on the WU page, the update is applied when the system is restarting.

But I'll just see if the update is applied outside active hours...

woodyard, May 11, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update - restart button - Similar Threads - update restart button

2. Windows Update Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Button: Hi, we manage devices in our organisation with Solarwinds which is connected to WSUS.When a device is reimaged, we will kick the updates via the Windows update menu e.g.1. Device is reimaged2. Open Windows Update on device.3. Check for UpdatesWhat we find is when we select...
  3. Windows Update Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Button: Hi, we manage devices in our organisation with Solarwinds which is connected to WSUS.When a device is reimaged, we will kick the updates via the Windows update menu e.g.1. Device is reimaged2. Open Windows Update on device.3. Check for UpdatesWhat we find is when we select...
  4. Windows Update Button

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple Windows Updates and Restart Now Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Windows Updates and Restart Now Button: I keep running into machines that do not update, updates are available but there is always an error. The "error" is very generic:"Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d"I have tried to "repair"...
  6. No restart button in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart button in task manager: I am trying to restart windows explorer to unfreeze my task bar but there is no restart button in the bottom right corner like there is supposed to be. Now I have a black screen behind the task manager and don't know how to fix it. Help please and thank you! 175069
  7. Restart button and Windows 10 update fail

Restart button and Windows 10 update fail: In Restart Options the schedule button will not allow me to put it on, also keep trying to update Windows 10, however, it keeps on failing. Have tried troubleshooting and am still having trouble. Any ideas out there?...
  8. Start button restarts Windows 10.

Start button restarts Windows 10.: What is happening is, whenever I click start, messages, cortana, or dropdown menu in edge, my computer restarts. It does not do this in safe mode. I have don fresh or refresh start up with ms config. I have used powershell, I have used sfc scannow, I have reset the computer....
  9. Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates Restart Options in Power Button removed in 1709?: When I was running Win10 version 1703, when Windows Updates required a restart, I was also able to select Update and Restart or Update and Shutdown from the Start >>Power button. But I do not see this anymore in 1709. Has MS removed this option by default? So basically, I...
  10. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command that emulates pushed restart now button in windows update