Windows 10: Windows update says I'm not online

Discus and support Windows update says I'm not online in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Since yesterday whenever I check for updates I keep getting the message in the attached screenshot. Thing is I have internet connection & can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Banzi, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Banzi Win User

Windows update says I'm not online

Hi,

Since yesterday whenever I check for updates I keep getting the message in the attached screenshot. Thing is I have internet connection & can browse & download fine. Anybody else had this?

:)

Banzi, Sep 2, 2015

2. Online but Windows 10 says I'm not

What happens when you open the web browser then try to go Google.com?

How are you connected to the Internet, wired or wireless?

Press Windows key + x

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Are there any exclamation signs listed or anywhere else in the device tree.

If there are, then you need to update your network adapter drivers:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2015
  3. asdfjlob Win User
    Online but Windows 10 says I'm not

I have a new computer. Clicked on Get Started but Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet. It can't check for updates either. I tried Troubleshoot & found nothing. I did an SFC & it found no corrupted files.

asdfjlob, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Hexagon12 Win User

Hi, and welcome to TenForums.

This error message is quite strange. First, I want you to fill in system specs, because this error is sometimes caused by (yes, that's true) graphics card software. Is your graphics NVIDIA?

Hexagon12, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Banzi Win User
    I haver a AMD Radeon HD 7870 graphics card. Windows update was working fine until the September 1st.

Banzi, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Banzi Win User
    Weird, I just rebooted the PC & now windows update checks ok & says "Last checked: Today, ‏‎15:49"

The thing is I rebooted once on the 1st & twice on the 2nd but it was giving me the error shown in the screenshot. Will mark thread as resolved.

Banzi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update says I'm not online - Similar Threads - update says I'm

2. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  3. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  4. PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible: Basically the title. Tried restarting my pc multiple times and still no change. Any clue?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-app-says-im-eligible-for-windows-11-but/6b1acdcb-117d-4635-8c3f-ee4324b9f24c
  5. PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible: Basically the title. Tried restarting my pc multiple times and still no change. Any clue?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-app-says-im-eligible-for-windows-11-but/6b1acdcb-117d-4635-8c3f-ee4324b9f24c
  6. Windows Update says I'm fully up to date, while I'm clearly not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update says I'm fully up to date, while I'm clearly not: Hey there. I've been in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider Program since July of this year. The last build I've got is version 2004 build 20170.1000. Since then, I only got minor updates, if at all. I tried all steps from here official Microsoft guide, without...
  7. My Network says "Ethernet: No Internet" but I'm online no WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Network says "Ethernet: No Internet" but I'm online no WiFi: I am online. I am submitting this via the computer that is affected. Under Network it says there is "No Internet" for the Ethernet connection. I do not have WiFi enabled. When I unplug the ethernet cable, I lose my Internet connection. This issue has been going...
  8. Windows says "this build of Windows will expire soon," but Windows Update says I'm up to...

Windows says "this build of Windows will expire soon," but Windows Update says I'm up to...: I keep getting a popup that says "This build of Windows will expire soon." And this has started to pop up more and more frequently... I want to download the newest build so it goes away but I am already a Windows Insider and have the latest build (I should anyway) build:...
  9. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...
  10. microsoft says I'm no online

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft says I'm no online: I am unable to access any Microsoft apps on my desktop computer. Error message is either that I'm not online ( I am) or that the problem is on Microsoft's end. Any suggestions on a fix is appreciated....