Windows 10: windows update says restart is required to finish instillation

Discus and support windows update says restart is required to finish instillation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello i have hp mini 1104 and ive tried to update to version 1709 windows update says restart is required to finish instillation and ive restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meatball420, Nov 13, 2017.

1. windows update says restart is required to finish instillation

hello i have hp mini 1104 and ive tried to update to version 1709 windows update says restart is required to finish instillation and ive restarted numeous times ive ran the trouble shooter and it said it neeeded to delete and reinstalll and i ran that and still nothing. im not that great with computers per se but i cant figure it out or how to get my bluetooth to work or external monitor to work any help would be much appreciated

:)

meatball420, Nov 13, 2017
  2. Taffy087 Win User

(1) Restart Required to finish WU installation (2) WU Troubleshooter failed

(1) Restart problem: In
    >this thread<,
    I was advised to uninstall the latest WUs and then reinstall the. I did - the Flash problem didn't go away - but there was a new problem when I'd finished restarting, as instructed to by the process. This Restart Problem:

windows update  says restart is required to finish instillation [​IMG]

(It would not let me uninstall KB4040724/KB4938788).

Despite several restarts [including a one-minute warning via my HP Support Assistant (?) that my PC was being restarted] that message is still there. Has anyone any suggestions please?

(2) WU Troubleshooter failed. I went to my Settings > Troubleshoot > Windows Update and ran that. It certainly looked impressive - I could see it was checking for outstanding updates, restarts, Bits (whatever that is) and registry. It told
    me it had found Restart problems - I took a screen print of the report - and I pressed Fix. Very impressive - except it hadn't fixed it; worse still the screen shots I took showed the box but with nothing in it.

I ran it again and it said it had found outstanding WUs. Hit Fix but exactly the same 'nothing happened'/no screen shots.

Is Microsoft aware of this problem? Will it be fixed by the next WU Creators Fall Update?

If a Moderator feel these two problems should be split, please act accordingly. T hanks

Taffy087, Nov 13, 2017
  3. (1) Restart Required to finish WU installation (2) WU Troubleshooter failed

Hi Taffy,

Do you mean the "Requires a restart" problem disappeared after installing the Fall Creators Update? And are you requesting to lock this thread?

We'll be more than happy to be enlightened on this.

Michelle Her, Nov 13, 2017
  4. windows update says restart is required to finish instillation

Hi meatball420. Welcome to the TenForums @meatball420

Think the first thing is to break this into three threads. Folks will read your title and feel they have little to add but very likely could help on on monitor. Up to you.

For the updates can I suggest you do an Update Reset. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

If that doesn't work then I would suggest an in place repair / upgrade. With this procedure I always recommend members back up their data off machine.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Once 1709 is in you can attack the other issues.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
Thema:

windows update says restart is required to finish instillation

1. windows update says restart is required to finish instillation - Similar Threads - update says restart

2. Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart: So, even when clicking the dedicated button in the windows updateit still doesn't updates on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-restart-required-but-doesnt/1b3ab1c8-bcf2-485d-83c7-1c46f1d711ba
  3. Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update says `Restart Required` but doesn't updates on restart: So, even when clicking the dedicated button in the windows updateit still doesn't updates on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-restart-required-but-doesnt/1b3ab1c8-bcf2-485d-83c7-1c46f1d711ba
  4. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows...
  5. Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates

Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates: Winver = Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 Some time ago I noticed in my Update History that at least one update was signified asRequires a restart to finish installing although it does appear in the list of installed updates seen by clicking the "uninstall updates" list. I...
  6. system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.: system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware. when I tried to restart it it did show flash progress 100% and stayed that way forever not reacting on any buttons until i let it go out of power and started it again. not it still asks for restart but i am...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing

Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello So I got the news that Microsoft pulled the 1809 update after users missing files. My laptop already downloaded the update and giving me "Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing" in update history ! what should I do to cancel the installation ?...
  8. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  10. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings reset after update 1809 instillation