Windows 10: Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

Discus and support Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am hoping this is the right section to post in. It seems that a new Windows 10 update has broken my lock screen. The lock screen background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by The Cypher, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

Hello, I am hoping this is the right section to post in. It seems that a new Windows 10 update has broken my lock screen.

The lock screen background is no longer present, filled in with just a black screen with the time and date in the corner, as per usual. Pushing buttons on the keyboard no longer takes me to the log-in screen.

I have identified two potential Windows Updates that may have caused this problem.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845)
    Installed 10/12/16

and

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970)
    Installed 09/12/16

I am more inclined to think the one installed on the 10th has caused the problem, given the problem started yesterday.

As far as I can tell, the update(s) have caused no other issues.

So, any advice?

:)

The Cypher, Dec 10, 2016
  2. sntup Win User

Maps stops navigation when phone is locked or app in background

Hi there,

the Windows Maps app on my Lumia 550 stops navigating whenever the app is in the background or the phone is locked. A "tap to resume navigation" notification appears when this happens.

I used to use Maps in my car, but with the screen turned off (locked) so I could navigate just by the voice directions. This functionality seems to have broken in a recent update. Does anyone know a workaround for this other than leaving my phone unlocked
    in the car?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sntup, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Marek St. Win User
    Google Calendar update seems to have broken calendar connectivity

Hi Elvedril.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that recent update to your calendar providers service is

causing an issue on your Windows Phone Device.

In that situation if using the standard Add Acount procedure does not work:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/email-and-calendar/set-up-or-delete-an-email-account

My recommendation would be to follow the Export, Import procedure for transferring

the mentioned calendar onto your Microsoft Accounts one.

You can import previously exported calendar, after signing In with you Microsoft Account here:

https://bay01.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx

Please follow your calendar's provider support procedure on how to export the calendar.

Thank You.

Marek S.

Marek St., Dec 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

Hello The Cypher, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you turn on visual effects settings to prevent the lock screen background not displaying properly.

Brink, Dec 10, 2016
  5. All of these settings are already on, and yet the problem still persists.

The Cypher, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If changing the lock screen background doesn't toggle it to work again for you, then you might consider doing a system restore using a restore point dated when you believe is before this started to hopefully undo and fix this for you.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

1. Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen. - Similar Threads - Update Seems broken

2. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  3. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  4. broken lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    broken lock screen: issue: stuck on lock screen but it’s not showing the date and time, and nothing happens when i try to open my log in screeni cant get into my pc and had this problem so many timesturning my pc on and off works but i dont wanna have to do it every time i encounter this...
  5. My computer seems to be broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to be broken: Whenever I launch a program that takes tons of computer resources the computer overheats, blue screens and then shuts off. Any Idea why? This has only just started like 1 or 2 months ago, I have had the computer for around 1 maybe 2 years but that was when it was given to...
  6. Update seems to have broken my accent colors for chrome only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update seems to have broken my accent colors for chrome only: So I restarted my computer last night to apply an update, and now my color scheme is broken. I can apply colors to the taskbar/start menu and it works on the window borders and title bars for everything except Chrome. When I have a chrome window selected, I have my normal...
  7. windows update seems to have broken motherboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update seems to have broken motherboard: As I turned my desktop on this morning 21,03,2020 windows started updating, when it was finished my HDMI ports stopped working. luckily my spare monitor is using DVI so still worked. Now windows had booted in a different aspect ratio than normal and there were a few things...
  8. Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Latest updates seem to have broken my top sites in Edge browser.: I had MS Edge top sites set to open when I click on the icon in my taskbar which had direct links to 10 sites I visit the most. Since the last update about 2 weeks ago, Edge opens on a blank page. I've tried just about everything I have been able to find on the net, yet to of...
  9. Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos: OK... Before I begin, please don't give me the standard textbook answers that you guys give to people who have obviously never used a PC before. I have been building my own for over 20 years now and I also work in the consumer electronics industry. This is an honest problem...
  10. April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app: The April 2018 update installed today on its own. I launched my mail app and it did not function. Apparently I needed to give permission for mail to access my email (not sure why that would have changed since it worked before). The main problem is that my several email...