Windows 10: Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products

Discus and support Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm running Win10 Home 1511 and I see that the option "Give me updates for other Msoft products...." is checked cannot be unchecked. I don't it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by benedict, Jan 25, 2016.

1. benedict Win User

Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products

I'm running Win10 Home 1511 and I see that the option "Give me updates for other Msoft products...." is checked cannot be unchecked. I don't it was that way before the 1511 update - was it? And what exactly does it do anyway, aren't all Msoft apps updated automatically via the update system?

:)

benedict, Jan 25, 2016
  2. dstein64 Win User

"Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows"

Windows 10 has an option in Windows Update Advanced Options: "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows".

There is no Learn More for this option.

When selected, it seems Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products will be automatically updated. When deselected, will I still be automatically be notified that there are updates for these products, but they won't automatically be installed, or will
    I not be notified? If there are no automatic notifications, is there some way to check if any of my Microsoft products can be updated, and then manually select the updates I would like?

dstein64, Jan 25, 2016
  3. guniu Win User
    "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" on Windows 10 1703

On this page? I don't see it.

EDIT: Wait, you mean in Windows, I see it. Having non English version of Windows makes stuff harder to find.

guniu, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products

If you have Office 360 or some other MS softwares installed that will get the updates for those along with the regular updates for the Windows version you are running. That's a normal function being seen there. With 3rd party programs you may have noticed the "check for updates on startup" which could either be when Windows is first loading up or when going to start the program itself you have to wait while it runs the check.

Night Hawk, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products

1. Windows update settings - Give me updates for other Msoft products - Similar Threads - update settings updates

2. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please give me update: Im on windows 10 home 22h2 and my pc meets minimum requirements and i checked in the health app but in windows update it isnt there and i remember it being there but i went back to windows 10 and now i want to go back and the option isnt there and windows 11 installation...
  3. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please give me update: Im on windows 10 home 22h2 and my pc meets minimum requirements and i checked in the health app but in windows update it isnt there and i remember it being there but i went back to windows 10 and now i want to go back and the option isnt there and windows 11 installation...
  4. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updates for Other Microsoft Products

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates for Other Microsoft Products: Hi,I want to take updates for Other Microsoft Products like Office, VS etc.Some servers have an option for this at here -> AdministrativeTemplates-WindowsComponents-WindowsUpdates-ConfigureAutomaticUpdatesBut, In server2012 there is not an option for this.Although there is...
  6. Windows Updates for Other Microsoft Products

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates for Other Microsoft Products: Hi,I want to take updates for Other Microsoft Products like Office, VS etc.Some servers have an option for this at here -> AdministrativeTemplates-WindowsComponents-WindowsUpdates-ConfigureAutomaticUpdatesBut, In server2012 there is not an option for this.Although there is...
  7. Windows update giving me issues

Windows update giving me issues: Hey after my laptop received an update in April its hasn't been the same afterwards, I can not access the basic functions of windows like getting to my settings, menu, cortana, can not even connect to my WiFi through the mini pop up tab or see my notifications tab.It always...
  8. How to update other Microsoft products using Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to update other Microsoft products using Windows Update: [ATTACH]You can make your Windows 10 receive updates for other Microsoft products and software, like Office, when you update Windows, by enabling this setting. For […] This article How to update other Microsoft products using Windows Update first appeared on...
  9. Give me control of updates!!

Give me control of updates!!: This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the...
  10. Updates for other Microsoft products

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates for other Microsoft products: Since the Creators Update, despite unticking the 'give me updates for other Microsoft products' option in update Advanced Settings, Windows Update is re-enabling this option and downloading Microsoft Office updates - which I do not want. Is there any way to prevent these...