Windows 10: Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.

Discus and support Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I applied the reg file made available in one of Brink's threads but I've noticed Windows update is still auto installing Nvidia drivers. Anyone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kol12, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.

I applied the reg file made available in one of Brink's threads but I've noticed Windows update is still auto installing Nvidia drivers. Anyone else have same issue?

:)

Kol12, Mar 20, 2017

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 Home - failed with video_memory_management_internal BSOD on Acer 7600u all in one

Windows 10 drivers do not work for this computer, yet. Install Windows 8.1 Nvidia 350.12 drivers and you will be good to go, providing you also block auto updates of the Nvidia drivers in Windows 10.

scottyrick, Mar 20, 2017
  3. TWW8472 Win User
    Latest Win 10 Update (1703) full screen not fit

I reinstalled nvidia driver again to the oldest and specifically turned off auto update from nvidia setting. Today nvidia driver auto updates itself again to the newest even when auto update is off. Oversize is still there. Anyway, I want the new driver
    to work normal too 'cause I am done playing my old game.

BTW, I just used nvidia driver roll back from device manager and the driver seems to go back to my previous one. Hopefully next time I turn on PC again and it won't auto update itself again like an infinite loop.

TWW8472, Mar 20, 2017
  4. reddice Win User

Run this. It is portable and actually can hide updates that stay hidden unlike that useless tool from Microsoft. I use this to hide that horrible Realtek audio driver that makes my $100 Creative speakers sound like a cheap pair of $20 no name speakers and the buggy Intel graphics outdated driver from 2015.
    Download Windows Update MiniTool - MajorGeeks

reddice, Mar 20, 2017
  5. yes im having this issue windows keeps installing driver 376.53 its not even on the nvidia drivers list!

ragingbull, Mar 22, 2017
  6. yes im having this issue windows keeps installing driver 376.53 its not even on the nvidia drivers list!

ragingbull, Mar 22, 2017
  7. Kol12 Win User
    Thanks, but how would I prevent future Nvidia drivers from installing through WU with the tool? Unfortunately they seem to install at random.

Also I have these not installed updates that the tool has found that Windows Update doesn't doesn't seem to show. Any idea why the tool has picked them up but Windows Update doesn't show them?

Updates the tool found:

Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers. [​IMG]

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers. - Similar Threads - update still auto

2. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  3. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  4. incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incorrect Nvidia drivers via auto update by windows: Every time windows updates my video driver it makes it so I can't access my computer. Usually I can enter via safe mode and download the correct driver from nvidia directly. However, this last time, the most recent windows update, I couldn't even use safe mode, and eventually...
  5. Can't install/update nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install/update nvidia drivers: Hello, so i own an Asus scar II gaming laptop i7 8750H 32gb ram 2070 rtx, been 2 years i got this bad boy and today i can't update nvidia driver, i used ddu, doesn't work, tried no failure mode doesn't work, i tried nvidia cleanstall doesn't work, so i went as far as entirely...
  6. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  7. Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure: Shawn, Et.Al.-- I'm in a bit of a 'pickle'. My Display Adapter's driver (Device Manager) is defaulting to the Microsoft default: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That default only provides a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 which does not accommodate my Samsung monitor...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  10. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.: I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions. 4286