Windows 10: Windows Update stuck at 0%

Discus and support Windows Update stuck at 0% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with Windows Update. It's stuck at 0%, and moves nowhere. I've tried literally everything to fix it, including the reset Brink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DJBenLord, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DJBenLord Win User

Windows Update stuck at 0%

Hello! I have a problem with Windows Update. It's stuck at 0%, and moves nowhere. I've tried literally everything to fix it, including the reset Brink provided. Can you please help me?

P.S: I've tried the following things:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...oading-updates
    Windows 10 updates are in download or waiting - Microsoft Community

I also tried running these command lines (I read this in a PC magazine): Code: net stop wuauserv regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll net start wuauserv[/quote] Thanks for help, I am hoping you can find me a solution!

:)

DJBenLord, Jul 11, 2017
  2. Cohen.A Win User

Windows 10 November Update Stuck at 0% at restart.

Hello,

My partners surface was upgrading to windows 10 pro and the install went fine but when it restarted it just went to a red screen with the circling dots and said configuring updates 0%. It has not moved. In a long time. Help please...???

Thanks,

Cohen.A, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 November Update Stuck at 0% at restart.

Hi Cohen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. We will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to refer the suggestions given in the link below and check if it helps:

Link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/progress-installing-the-windows-10-november-update/edb78d57-f27e-492e-b5ae-858549d799f7?tm=1447339145909

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved, please get back to us. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

How long have you left the update? I've noticed that it can stay on 0% for some time, seen this more with cumulative updates containing malicious software removal tool.

Bastet, Jul 12, 2017
  5. How long ago did you try to update? I tried about an hour and a half ago, and received an error code, and when I looked it up, it said it timed out trying to connect to the update servers. Maybe MS is having issues?

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 12, 2017
  6. Try this, it is another variation of fixes you have already tried, but it helped me, I had a failed update.

Download "WF.bat" and run it as admin. It will ask what to clean, select everything, if you do not need it.

TairikuOkami, Jul 12, 2017
  7. DJBenLord Win User
    I've left it for more than 2 hours now, and I know it sholdn't take that long.

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  8. DJBenLord Win User

The problem we're talking about appeared months. Yes, months ago. I couldn't fix it yet.

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  10. DJBenLord Win User
    Here it is, I last updated probably when I updated to 1607 Anniversary Update via The Windows 10 Update Helper, IDK after that...

Windows Update stuck at 0% [​IMG]

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  11. DJBenLord Win User
    I tried it, even after reboot, didn't fix the issue.

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    You may need to do a Repair Install. Something is corrupt and needs fixing. Apparently for quite some time. There is a complete tutorial here on how-to.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

It will preserve/save all your settings, data, and apps you have installed. The only part I am not sure of is how you are going to get the 14393 ISO instead of the 15063 ISO. It must be for the same version you have currently running. The instructions in the tutorial are complete, but I believe they will download a 15063 ISO, which you cannot use.

I've poked around in the forum and I can't find a direct legal link to the MS 14393 ISO. If someone ( @Brink ) could point, it would be helpful.

Let's wait a bit and see if there is a response.

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

You can get it direct from Microsoft if you use the tip in this post to fool the download server into thinking you are using a non-Microsoft system.

How to Download Creators Update ISO via MS w/o Media Creation Tool

In Edge or IE navigate to the official Download Windows 10 page. Now hit F12 and on the Emulation tab select 'Apple Safari (iPad)' as the User Agent String. The download page will change to a page saying...

Windows Update stuck at 0% [​IMG]

Choose 'Windows 10' under 'Windows 10 Anniversary Update' and click 'Confirm'. You will then be asked to choose the language you require. Having confirmed the language you'll get links for the 32-bit and 64-bi ISOs.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Thanks. I thought of that backdoor, but may be more than the OP wants to attempt. But, he's free to try.

As an alternative, I have one from MS from 8-12-16 (totally official using MCT) on my OneDrive. I'm kinda a pack-rat and save lots of stuff!

I could easily give him the OneDrive link to DL.

Big EDIT: That ain't gonna work! (Mine) Not in Hungary. *Smile

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    It's quite an easy process to follow, works best in Edge.

The OP may first want to check if their current system is Windows 10 or Windows 10 Single Language and the base language so they get the right ISO. In a command prompt type the command SYSTEMINFO. The items to look for are 'OS Name:' and 'System Locale:'.

Thema:

1. Windows Update stuck at 0% - Similar Threads - Update stuck

2. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  3. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  4. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  5. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  6. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  7. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  8. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. My update is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My update is stuck: I’m trying to update my laptop ASUS but it's stuck on updates underway. I was looking around and found a update file on MyAsus. And I did it, but it's been stuck for a very long time. Here's a photo:...
  10. My update is stuck

My update is stuck: I’m trying to update my laptop ASUS but it's stuck on updates underway. I was looking around and found a update file on MyAsus. And I did it, but it's been stuck for a very long time. Here's a photo:...