Windows 10: Windows update stuck at 99%

Discus and support Windows update stuck at 99% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alonsh, Aug 4, 2016.

1. alonsh Win User

Windows update stuck at 99%

Hi
    I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it showed that there are a few updates, it downloads all of them except the last one - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series." - it has been stuck at "Downloading updates 99%" for at least 2 hours now, and restarting the computer doesn't help. It's worthy to note that my AMD driver is already installed and up to date!

I am now running an sfc scan and i will update this post as soon as it is done.
    Until then - do you have any other suggestions?
    update: it found corrupt files and fixed them but still gets stuck at 99%.

:)

alonsh, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Louie Del Win User

Windows Update Stuck at 99%

Hi Jarrett,

The issue that you’ve encountered when installing an update that was stuck at 99% can be caused by system file corruption needed by Windows Update or software conflicts have occurred. Regarding this concern, we suggest that you run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter if you haven’t done it yet.

In addition, we suggest that you follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.

Note: Follow these steps before restarting your PC. Otherwise, the Media folder might not be available.

• Open File Explorer, then type C:\$GetCurrent and press
      Enter.
    • Copy and paste the Media folder to the desktop. Select
      View
      and make sure the checkbox next to Hidden items is selected if you’re unable to see that folder.
    • Restart your PC, open File Explorer, type C:\$GetCurrent in the address bar and then hit
      Enter.
    • Copy and paste the Media folder from the desktop to
      C:\$GetCurrent
    • Open the Media folder, then double-click setup.
    • Follow the instructions provided so you can start the upgrade. On the
      Get important updates
      screen, select Not right now, and then select
      Next.
    • Follow the instructions to finish upgrading to Windows 10. Once it’s done, make sure to install available updates. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Let us know the result after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Aug 4, 2016
  3. JarrettS. Win User
    Windows Update Stuck at 99%

I've been trying to get this update to download for months now and I can't seem so find what my problem is. The "• 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)" update keeps getting stuck at 99% when I try to
    download it.

JarrettS., Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows update stuck at 99%

1. Windows update stuck at 99% - Similar Threads - update stuck 99%

2. Update 21H1 stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 21H1 stuck at 99%: HiI have been trying to update Windows 10. I have tried 20H2 which sticks at around 61%I have also tried 21H1 which sticks at 99%, In both cases there is no error message as to why it will not finish updating. I have tried using settings and Windows assistant to update but...
  3. Update 21H1 stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update 21H1 stuck at 99%: HiI have been trying to update Windows 10. I have tried 20H2 which sticks at around 61%I have also tried 21H1 which sticks at 99%, In both cases there is no error message as to why it will not finish updating. I have tried using settings and Windows assistant to update but...
  4. Update 21H1 stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows update stuck at 99%

windows update stuck at 99%: hello there Microsoft community I was on my PC when I realized I had to update my PC to the version 20H2 October 2020 update I went to settings and I updated it but i realized it was stuck on 99% i have waited for 6 hours now and still no hope [ATTACH]...
  6. Stuck at 99% on Windows Update Installation

Stuck at 99% on Windows Update Installation: I had to reset to factory defaults of windows reformatting the disk, etc. and tried to update Windows the normal way and it made some updates and then got stuck, said it was downloading but wasn't. So I forced the windows update using the installer tools. It downloaded...
  7. Windows Update On Update assistant stuck on 99%

Windows Update On Update assistant stuck on 99%: I have been doing this update for approximately 5 hours and now it has been stuck on 99% for about an hour and a half. Please any help? I have a Surface pro 5...
  8. Windows update stuck on 99%

Windows update stuck on 99%: There is a problem in my windows update as I have downloaded the update from the windows update assistant last night and it continued to install, and I left overnight and let it install. When I saw in the morning it was stuck on 99% and till now it is stuck at 99% and is not...
  9. Windows update assistant stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update assistant stuck at 99%: I have been trying all night to update my already windows 10 pc to the new update. I downloaded the update assistant and it has been stuck at 99% for hours. I really need help as now I am afraid I will lose everything if I reboot. I only have access to a wifi connection...
  10. Anniversary Update stuck at 99%

Anniversary Update stuck at 99%: I went to bed last night when it go to abt 92%. Got up today and it's stuck at Getting the Update Ready - 99%. I got the update link here: Windows 10 Should I kill the process and try again or a different site? --+ 58752