Windows 10: Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

Discus and support Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dostál Vojtěch, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available options for safe recovery seem to work. I am always stuck at the initialization step.I have a Dell Vostro 3420 with Windows 11Can you please advise?

:)

Dostál Vojtěch, Dec 4, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 4, 2023
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

1. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update - Similar Threads - update stuck restart

2. Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck on restart after the last large Windows update: Hello,I restarted my laptop after I was prompted to do so, after the last large Windows update was installed there. However the screen was stuck on the initialization Dell logo for several hours. Then I did a hard shutdown, entered a recovery key, but none of the available...
  3. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  4. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on restart screen after windows update: HelloI have had difficulty for a few months now trying and avoiding to install windows 11 update on my laptop I allowed it to do it the first few times then I realised it's not working so I avoided the update/installation like the plague Basically, my laptop meets the...
  5. Stuck on restart screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. After last update taskbar stays large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last update taskbar stays large: After the last update KB5022913 Windows taskbar becomes large. Trick with TaskbarSi do not work. How to make taskbat small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-taskbar-stays-large/489e4dc9-89a5-4486-a344-7e1d0f59cf3c
  7. After last update taskbar stays large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After last update taskbar stays large: After the last update KB5022913 Windows taskbar becomes large. Trick with TaskbarSi do not work. How to make taskbat small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-taskbar-stays-large/489e4dc9-89a5-4486-a344-7e1d0f59cf3c
  8. Last Windows 8.1 update installs, gets stuck at 95%, but after restart, it fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Windows 8.1 update installs, gets stuck at 95%, but after restart, it fails.: Hi, today is the day that Windows 8.1 officially loses its support. I went ahead and installed the final Servicing Stack Update for Windows 8.1 KB5022352 on there, but then it gets stuck at 95%, forcing me to restart my computer. By the time it restarts, however, it just...
  9. Stuck on restart after updating windows.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on restart after updating windows.: hello, I am using windows 10, dell xps 15 here. I received a notification letting me know I needed to restart my laptop to finish an update, so I did and it kept restarting for a long time..I tried everything, hard boot and it would shut off, or at least the screen would go...
  10. Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in the log-in screen after last windows update: After the last windows update when i try to run my pc it reaches the log-in screen "loading" i see the desktop screen for a split of a second and then i'm back to the login-in screen, tried doing the update again, checked for virus too i can't seem to be able to use the last...