Windows 10: Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update

Discus and support Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is up to date. Slight problem. When I do the update checker, my computer begins to install this particular update with the wrong OS Build.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hitotsumusha, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update

My computer is up to date. Slight problem. When I do the update checker, my computer begins to install this particular update with the wrong OS Build. Microsoft, can you fix this tool? Why does it keep doing this? I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

:)

Hitotsumusha, Jul 18, 2018

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update :)

Thermopylae_480, Jul 18, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Try this --> Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

If that fails... give this a go --> System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

95Viper, Jul 18, 2018
  4. TC-man Win User

Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update

1. Windows update tool keeps showing the wrong update - Similar Threads - update tool keeps

2. Windows update keeps showing 0x800f0988

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps showing 0x800f0988: Hello, I have used Windows 11 Insider builds since last summer, and I switched to stable channel on October 2021. Now, I am on build 22000.593. But, Windows update is not working anymore on this build.Installation fails at 100% and shows 0x800f0988 error code. I have missed...
  3. Windows update keeps showing 0x800f0988

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps showing 0x800f0988: Hello, I have used Windows 11 Insider builds since last summer, and I switched to stable channel on October 2021. Now, I am on build 22000.593. But, Windows update is not working anymore on this build.Installation fails at 100% and shows 0x800f0988 error code. I have missed...
  4. Wrong Version of Windows 10 installed updater keeps updating to it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong Version of Windows 10 installed updater keeps updating to it.: OKAY I made a mistake while reloading Windows 10 after a hard drive change. Seems I must have clicked on Windows 10 PRO in place of Windows 10 home, it was late at night and I was tired. Enough excuses huh?Anyhow now I can not enter my key with out getting an error message...
  5. Windows Update Keeps Trying to Install a Wrong Driver.

Windows Update Keeps Trying to Install a Wrong Driver.: For some odd reason, Windows Update keeps trying to download and install "Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard", which inevitably leads to Error 0x800f024b because I don't have a Lenovo keyboard. For the time being, this is just annoying, but I'm curious 1 how...
  6. Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable: I've been trying to hide this driver that keeps on reinstalling on Windows update. The driver that I have installed is the latest driver from AMD's website. Windows keeps on trying to reinstall this update that is older and it's really annoying. I've done some research and...
  7. Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version

Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version: upgrading from win 8.1 pro 64.......received win 10 home 64....do not understand how that happened. bios restriction?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-tool-gave-me-the-wrong-version/639548b0-b813-48a7-8d81-48ae12b21fc6
  8. Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".

Windows Update keeps showing "Updates in progress".: Updates does in fact work, but every time I go to system settings it states "Updates in progress". I know this is a minor issue but it still bothers me. Here is a picture: [ATTACH] What could cause this? I have already tried clearing out the update cache files and that...
  9. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool: Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of the computers slowed down by maybe 25 to 35 percent. On each laptop if I unplug from a power source the screen just gets...
  10. Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE: Running Win 10 Insider build 14279, 64 bit. My "Update & Security" shows wrong date. This usually happens after a cold boot. The date in the tray is correct. [img] 44165