Windows 10: Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues

Discus and support Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This all started after a crash during the night while i was sleeping (never found it or the reason because my memory dump wasn't storing anything due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017.

1. LevyLazu Win User

Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues

This all started after a crash during the night while i was sleeping (never found it or the reason because my memory dump wasn't storing anything due to pagefile being less than memory). But during my search I ran the troubleshooter for WU and it came up with issues; but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for said issues.

As you can see from the snips, its suggests a few things but it doesn't seem to fix these issues permanently, nor all of them listed. I can keep running the troubleshooter and get the same results every time. Only once did it claim to fix everything after I restarted a ton of services (bits, MSI installer, WU service, cryptsvc, wuauserv, appidsv). I tried using this article base but only got to mshtml.dll when it said that i couldnt that command.

So I can't figure out what to do or if its just some hiccup that's always gonna say I have updates and corruptions. I am running the latest build, 1703, but can't figure out if I really have updates waiting or if I'm truely uptodate.

Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues [​IMG]

:)

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017

2. Windows Update Troubleshooter didn't solve problem of updates not installing

There is a RED ! exclamation point on

Windows Update

Updates are available

PeterStonefield, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Windows Update Troubleshooter didn't solve problem of updates not installing

These are some of the updates I tried.None worked

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4049011)

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4048954)

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4048954)

PeterStonefield, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues

Hi LevyLazu. Welcome to the TenForums @LevyLazu

Not exactly sure which article you use but this is the one I run, second post in this thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-468311f4edd6

I might suggest you run SFC /scannow to see if it reports any corruption. May need to run more than once to fix everything.

Next alternative would be an in place repair / upgrade. This installs V1703. I always recommend you back up your data off machine regardless of the fact that it should be safe.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 28, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    And before the above, since you indicate these are recurring problems, check your disk.

Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot (use the Insert Image icon above your post).

Note- an in-place upgrade repair install keeps all your programs and data and most settings.

dalchina, Jul 28, 2017
  6. LevyLazu Win User
    Thanks for the welcome!
    I should have mentioned, I have run SFC and healthchecks to no avail.
    I also noticed in the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution, the Reporting Events text keeps reporting the same two lines;
    {5A221949-BD47-424C-81B5-F5458523A317} .......... UpdateOrchestrator Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 0 updates.
    {1FB3E780-9A38-4C11-824A-ED110973663A} .......... UpdateOrchestrator Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 3 updates.
    Always none then three but no updates. I also keep having to manually start Bits and Installer services

This was a fresh install also, downloaded from the MS website with a key I bought. It is already build 1703, and I can't recall where to find what the version number is but when I had looked, it was the most up to date one according to MS.

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017
  7. LevyLazu Win User
    Forgot the link I was talking about. Apologies: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ate-components

Also found the OS build I'm using; 15063.483

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017
  8. Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues

Windows Key + R, type winver, enter.

Windows 10 History

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018124

After disk check, still recommend in place repair / upgrade. (and still recommend backing up data. It's a thing with me. Had to many should have could haves.)

9. LevyLazu Win User
    Haha, beat me to my edit, but it's 15063.483

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017
  10. LevyLazu Win User
    I did the repair install, and half good, half bad. It solved two of the issues but still getting two others:

It is not installing any updates from this troubleshooting, either.

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017
  11. Too funny. So I thought what could this be?

So I started the Windows Update Trouble shooter on one of my devices and low an behold I got the four errors that were fixed in your original posting. Like you I know this machine to up to date. This must be a glitch in the Trouble Shooter.

The real live test will be August 9th, the day after they release the monthly Cumulative update.

I know I just going to ignore and wait and see.

Would be interested to see what TairikuOkami link produces.

Ken

12. LevyLazu Win User

Unfortunately I have tried that link he supplied and I get errors of it not being able to stop services. I guess as I had orginally guessed and like you said, just must be a fluke and will have to wait for updates.

LevyLazu, Jul 28, 2017
  13. Restart computer before using that script, since Windows Update is most likely running, then run it ASAP.

You can also try terminating process "TiWorker.exe".

Code: taskkill /im TiWorker.exe /f[/quote] You can also try to run WF.bat as admin.

TairikuOkami, Jul 28, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    What exactly are you seeing?
    Is it downloading an update, then failing to install?
    Is there an error number?
    A screenshot could be useful. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Update Troubleshooter - Doesn't solve issues - Similar Threads - Update Troubleshooter Doesn't

2. 0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting: Good morning,I have had a persistent issue with windows refusing to update and I have gone over a few troubleshooting steps already but continue to run into issues during the process. The first step went well and worked:But in step two is where I started having issues:I...
  3. 0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting: Good morning,I have had a persistent issue with windows refusing to update and I have gone over a few troubleshooting steps already but continue to run into issues during the process. The first step went well and worked:But in step two is where I started having issues:I...
  4. 0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to troubleshoot a Windows Update / WSUS issue:

Trying to troubleshoot a Windows Update / WSUS issue:: I have a lab environment with a WSUS server that is failing to deliver updates to client systems. Below are the steps I've taken and troubleshooting attempts I've made, at the bottom is an example event log Event 1001 from my DC:1. I've run the windows update troubleshooter,...
  6. Update fails and troubleshooter doesn't help!

Update fails and troubleshooter doesn't help!: My 20h2 update fails and when I try to run the troubleshooter the only thing it says. "Check for Windows Update issues" DetectedSo ye its not really that helpful. Any tips? Or atleast steps on how to fix not installing update...
  7. Windows Update: One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter doesn't...

Windows Update: One of the update services is not running properly, troubleshooter doesn't...: My windows update is not working. It said: "Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  8. Solved: Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter

Solved: Need Windows Update Troubleshooter troubleshooter: After Windows Update spent around 4 hours detecting updates without progress, I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter. The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been detecting problems for 16 hours without progress. Does anyone know where to find a troubleshooter for it?...
  9. Troubleshooting issue

Troubleshooting issue: Hi Team, I login my hp laptop but its automatically moved to"choose your keyboard layout" and i selected "US" Then i have the two options "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off your PC" if i click "Troubleshoot" its shows six advanced options they are "Startup Repair" "Command...
  10. Problem with Windows password in troubleshoot in attempt to solve windows update issue

Problem with Windows password in troubleshoot in attempt to solve windows update issue: I have black screen after Windows 10 upgrade. I can get into troubleshoot but my Windows password is not being accepted in order to uninstall updates or carry out system restore etc. How do I move forward?...