Windows 10: Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Discus and support Windows Update troubleshooting error messages in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertMarvin, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair Windows Update Database Corruption . . . . Completed. One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and re-download updates to your computer. Would you like to try this step now? Depending on your network configuration, you may incur download costs.

My problem is there does not appear to be a place to answer the question YES!

Guess it off to a internet search to find the answer.

:)

RobertMarvin, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    • Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    • Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    • Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

• Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

1. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages - Similar Threads - Update troubleshooting error

2. Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving: I am trying to use my camera for the first time in a while. It was working fine. I have made no recent changes to my Windows 10 desktop running Edge. I am receiving the error message: 0XA00F4244 each time I have tried to access it. I have troubleshooted using my device...
  3. Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not detected error message in Windows 10 and troubleshooting not resolving: I am trying to use my camera for the first time in a while. It was working fine. I have made no recent changes to my Windows 10 desktop running Edge. I am receiving the error message: 0XA00F4244 each time I have tried to access it. I have troubleshooted using my device...
  4. Windows Update Troubleshooting Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Troubleshooting Error: I kept getting an error for the "2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5021234", with the error code "Install error - 0x80073701". I opened up the "Get Help" app, and followed the instructions until I got to this stage:"Let's stop the BITS service,...
  5. Windows Update Troubleshooting Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Troubleshooting Error: I kept getting an error for the "2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5021234", with the error code "Install error - 0x80073701". I opened up the "Get Help" app, and followed the instructions until I got to this stage:"Let's stop the BITS service,...
  6. Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes: [ATTACH]Like all software, the Windows Subsystem (WSL2) too has its fair shares of issues. In this guide, we are going to troubleshoot Windows Subsystem for Linux Error Messages and Codes. Fix Windows Subsystem for Linux Errors, Problems & Issues These are messages for which...
  7. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message: [ATTACH]My daughter’s laptop has the attached error message showing. She can’t get the error to go away, and is afraid to do the troubleshooting option because she doesn’t want to lose her files and programs. Everything I have looked at says that she can reset it and choose...
  8. troubleshooting windows update error occurred while troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    troubleshooting windows update error occurred while troubleshooting: An error occurred while I was troubleshooting windows update I was having problems with Task Host Window preventing windows shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooting-windows-update-error-occurred/0f5454d8-ebf9-484e-8e5c-da387ee1ca7f
  9. troubleshooting is not working in windows 10 error message states " error starting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    troubleshooting is not working in windows 10 error message states " error starting...: troubleshooting does not work on my windows 10 dell computer. whenever any troubleshooting wizard is started it gives the same error message, "error starting troubleshooting wizard, 0x80040154" please help!! thank you so much in advance. Robert Lucia...
  10. Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshooting common Disk Management error messages: [ATTACH] Disk errors are one of the most common errors on Windows 10. It is also scary because all our data are on the disk drives, and even with backup in place, its time consuming to restore all of them. That [...] This post Troubleshooting common Disk Management error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one troubleshooting step to resolve wu issues is to delete and re-download updates to your computer. would you like to try this step now? depending on your network configuration you may incur download costs.