Windows 10: Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

Discus and support Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, the recent update finally broke my Laptop for good. My graphics card is no longer recognized and Nvidia driver does not find my hardware compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winhate101, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

So, the recent update finally broke my Laptop for good. My graphics card is no longer recognized and Nvidia driver does not find my hardware compatible to previously installed one.

Is there a way to opt out of windows 10 update forever and ever and ever??

I absolutely incredibly Uber hate windows update..

f**k u. Microsoft

:)

winhate101, Aug 9, 2018
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Aug 9, 2018
  3. pooltaxi1 Win User
    Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, Aug 9, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

1. Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU - Similar Threads - update unrecognized Nvidia

2. No Nvidia GPU deteced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Nvidia GPU deteced.: Hello everyone, I have a gaming laptop "Acer Predator Helios 300". Few weeks back my laptop was unable to detect the graphic card. It showed "No Nvidia GPU Detected" I tried everything but can't find any solution. Can this be a reason that my NVidia Graphic card hardware has...
  3. My Nvidia 3050 gpu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Nvidia 3050 gpu not working: I have a Nvidia 3050 in my asus tuf a15 and for some reason it is not working i went to device manager to uninstall it to try to reinstall it but when i try to reinstall it says it cant find a compatable graphics hardware...
  4. My Nvidia 3050 gpu not working

My Nvidia 3050 gpu not working: I have a Nvidia 3050 in my asus tuf a15 and for some reason it is not working i went to device manager to uninstall it to try to reinstall it but when i try to reinstall it says it cant find a compatable graphics hardware...
  5. Problem with Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Nvidia GPU: Hello, I'm having problems with the GPU on my Acer Laptop. So I wanted to play this game I just got on Steam, but I can't because my GPU's got issues. First time I launched it, the game ran "decently" there was some lag, but otherwise it ran ok on the Intel graphics, but when...
  6. Nvidia GPU not detected

Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  7. Nvidia GPU not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  8. NVIDIA GPU not detected

NVIDIA GPU not detected: Hi everyone,I am desperate for help with a GPU problem. It may have been triggered by the recent windows 11 update, but i am unsure. Have since cleaned reset back to windows 10 which didn't fix the problem.Anyway, I have tried everything to get my laptop to recognise it has a...
  9. my gpu keeps getting unrecognized by my laptop

my gpu keeps getting unrecognized by my laptop: I have an nvidia rtx 2060 inside my laptop and when playing games, randomly, it would crash my whole laptop and give me the blue screen of death. When I boot it back up, it doesn't show the gpu in the device manager OR IN THE BIOS!. this happens randomly after gaming for an...
  10. My nvidia gpu cant be detected

My nvidia gpu cant be detected: Yes i know... But i have already researched the problem a lot and still no results, i have tried to messege nvidia support but no respond, The problem is with my gtx M850 and yes the driver installer cant detect any nvidia gpu, what could be the problem then?...