Windows 10: Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

Discus and support Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MisterEdF, Apr 18, 2015.

1. MisterEdF Win User

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO.

Running 10049 64BIT

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049) [​IMG]

:)

MisterEdF, Apr 18, 2015
  2. Robocrash Win User

Stuck on build 10049

Hey guys,

I'm a windows insider and my system is stuck on build 10049. 10049 is running well on my computer, but I have started to get messages saying that my current build will expire soon.

Any update I have tried since 10049 fails due to insufficient disc space, including an online update to Win10 current released version. In addition, I tried to load from an iso, but now that is asking for my key, which no longer works I assume because I'm
    no longer running Win 7.

I have also tried the delete extra languages fix, but English is the only language loaded.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

dave

Robocrash, Apr 18, 2015
  3. I can't find the Windows 10 Icon and I have the Tech Preview

First off I haven't been able to update my Windows 10 build past 10049 for some reason. It never gives me the option to update.

Second I can't find the Windows 10 Icon to upgrade to the full version

Nathan Natale, Apr 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Welcome to the Forums MisterEdF. Are you using a metered connection(pre-paid mobile broadband or a set amount of GB in the month? I ask be cause Microsoft has turned of the ability to update and upgrade 10TP through windows update to save the user the charges(see my thread/post here). You can only update Defender through the UI. I have been having the problem since I started using 10 back in October.

Cliff S, Apr 18, 2015
  5. MisterEdF Win User
    Thanks for the welcome. *Smile Nope, it's a 75/75meg Fios connection. Is there a setting somewhere in 10 that might have marked it as a mobile connection in error?

Edit: ethernet connection.

MisterEdF, Apr 18, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry I don't have my 10 disk in right now as I updated my 7 disk(use my laptop for dual boot Win7 & Ubuntu and windows 10TP OS testing) and I'm on my 8.1 desk top right now, but If I remember correctly in the settings app I had it under devices because of my mobile broadband surf stick and again in the internet settings in small print under advanced or something like that. I'm not 100% sure. If you use a VPN try turning it off, in eight forums it has caused some people to have problems updating also.

Cliff S, Apr 18, 2015
  7. MisterEdF Win User
    Maybe this is the problem. It says UPDATE isn't setup. I AM admin but can't configure.

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049) [​IMG]

MisterEdF, Apr 19, 2015
  8. Vladimir Win User

It says the same here, but it does download and install updates. Curious, isn't it?

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 19, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I have it too. It wouldn't surprise me, that, everyone has that. I have been getting the feeling that, Yes, we are Administrators but Microsoft has a hidden CEO(Chief Executive Officer) account for the Technical Preview*Smile , that blocks & locks some things.

Cliff S, Apr 19, 2015
  10. Nigel71 Win User
    There is a way to force updates, Go to Start, Then Settings at the top, Then to updates and backup at the bottom and then it is in there, I had the cannot update or Hidden update setting set to automatic and found it in there. Good luck guys. Also works for all Builds. Just have to go there each time as auto takes so long after a release.

Nigel71, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049) - Similar Threads - Update won't download

2. Windows won't download updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't download updates?: My laptop won't download Windows updates. It just sits at 0% downloading on all 5 it's trying to download. I've tried running SFC and it came back fine. I have tried to install 1 of the 5 updates (KB5000802) manually and absolutely nothing changed on restart, it still...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049: Hi All, After downloading Build 10049 through Windows Update, gets to installation process and get this error. Reverts back to 10041. Any ideas ? Jim 5058
  5. Unable to Activate Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Build 10049: Several Days ago I updated my 10041 build to 10049. When I went to This Pc I was told it was not activated. I tried to activate on line but was asked for the product key. That I don't have nor can I find one on the web for my 64bit version. Do I really need to activate?...
  6. All apps locking up since build 10049 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps locking up since build 10049 update: Hello, I just wanted to post on here and see if anybody might be able to help me figure this out. I was enjoying the previous 2 builds I tried, but ever since I updated to 10049, I've been getting constant lock-ups and freezes. Here's one example of what happens: I...
  7. No Sound after Build 10049 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after Build 10049 Update: After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound. I had this problem with Build 10041 when it updated the audio drivers but at least I could roll back the drivers to something previous that...
  8. Update from 10041 to 10049 sticks on downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 10041 to 10049 sticks on downloading: Downloaded the update but got ran out of disc space, so I've freed up 65gb. There's no option to restart the download or check for updates. Any ideas? [img] [img] 5282
  9. Build 10049 didn't install

Build 10049 didn't install: Hi there. I am dualbooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 TP on a laptop. I downloaded 10049 overnight with Windows Update. When I got back to the laptop this morning, it had a brief error message saying, "Cannot install 10049 on a virtual drive". That's where Build 9926 is...
  10. Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation

Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation: I have build 10041 in different stages on three SSDs. Have had no problems installing updates including new builds in the past. Build 10049 downloads (100%), but installation always aborts - even on one SSD which has an absolutely pristine 10041 - installed with no problems...