Windows 10: windows update wont get fixed

Discus and support windows update wont get fixed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so i get this every time i try to fix the windows update. [img] so i run this then i tried with closing the window then using windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

windows update wont get fixed

so i get this every time i try to fix the windows update.

windows update wont get fixed [​IMG]

so i run this then i tried with closing the window then using windows update and without.
    it basically tell me the same thing only that when i use the troubleshooter and i go to windows update and search for updates it give me this error (0x80246007)
    and if i try to look for updates again it gives me this error 0x80070643 : however i wont disable defender cause i need that for antivirus even if its half broken.

:)

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016

2. My Windows 10 gets stuck on updating windows.

My Windows 10 gets stuck on updating windows. How to fix this.

My internet is on and still it wont download updates anymore. Thanks

finlanderx, Aug 10, 2016
  3. TuNguyenV Win User
    Keyboard doesn't work after current Window 10 updates

Did you get it fixed? I went to administrative tools and disable automatic updates. Keyboard works fine now but i wont be able to get window updates

TuNguyenV, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    this popped up. upon restart after complete reset of windows update. history was cleared so i guess it worked..

windows update wont get fixed [​IMG]

and i cannot access services to see if bits is running... because mmc.exe is refusing to let me get to services.. what?

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  6. m0nk3n Win User
    also if microsoft has broken it's windows. would a reinstall with keeping files do the trick on my end? *can't use calculator, defender wont get updates, photos unresponsive, microsoft edge is edgy.... *Smile

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Oh, sounds bad.. why do you think MS has broken your Windows?

Well, assuming you haven't any disk images to restore (everyone should use disk imaging) you can go down the route of using
    SFC /Scannow
    and then
    DISM commands
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

or you can just throw the book at it and try an in-place upgrade repair install:
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  8. m0nk3n Win User

uhm i will decide in a moment for what i want to do.

after the functionality update, i couldnt click on anything on the task bar except the start menu to get to open windows update to wait for another update which fixed that i could click on things on the task bar.
    then another update came along, then the calculator wouldnt start, windows store wouldnt start, windows photos app wouldnt start, microsoft edge wouldnt start.

so from all that, i've followed all i've been told from this forum from what i've asked, then after using the reset windows update bat, which was made by brink himself, defender came along with a error code i've only seen in windows update failures from windows 7, so i've restarted then defender wouldn't start at all giving another error code...

this is frustrating... uhm, do you know if something is being done about this AU thing that is going on? is there a update i can wait for that will fix this?
    cause mainly now i've gotten errors that doesn't hurt the OS itself, since i can use everything after a simple restart, so im kinda in the middle of solutions to if its not broken dont fix it which gives me errors whenever i try them then restart as instructed...

i can play, i can use youtube,... defender does not work! main problem. i got it disabled now through a reg file i got from a help topic in here somewhere awhile ago. if i enable it again and i restart the error about it comes back.

so basically the AU\functionality update just made my install of windows 10 part broken part functionable. and thats not the way windows especially windows 10 is supposed to be.
    and then there is the recurring windows update that complains about database needs repair, but thinking about it, thats on microsofts end...

im not trying to sound frustrated. its just how it is now and im like :\ *sigh*

EDIT 1: sfc came back clean, no integrity errors.

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Th anniversary upgrade is the next major build by MS. The last was 1511 in Nov 2015, the one previous was the first public release.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  10. m0nk3n Win User
    what would fix this?

i think it broke it because several apps that should be working included the microsoft edge new browser in windows 10 is rendered useless after 2 update from windows update... before those 2 upgrades i had malwarebytes and superantispyware and tdsskiller which i scanned with atleast once a week.

and now broken... do i need to reinstall?

and now still with defender deactivated. i still get atleast 4 errors that are recurring in windows update troubleshooter. what is that about?

i'm about to go cry on the floor, literally.

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    I'd suggest you start with this as a basic disk check:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.

so we can eliminate file system problems.

You could also then try rolling back to the previous build if you wished.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  12. m0nk3n Win User
    ok. got ssd but still anticipate it takes some time *Smile thanks *Smile

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  13. m0nk3n Win User

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is SSD 840 EVO 256GB.

A disk check has been scheduled.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    265472 file records processed. File verification completed.
    4456 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    329448 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 3366 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 3366 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 3366 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    31989 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    35425736 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

219197439 KB total disk space.
    44782468 KB in 126338 files.
    90740 KB in 31990 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    376579 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    173947652 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    54799359 total allocation units on disk.
    43486913 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
    00 0d 04 00 5a 6a 02 00 ee cd 04 00 00 00 00 00 ....Zj..........
    2b 02 00 00 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 +...F...........

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  14. m0nk3n Win User
    the first build in the AU locked stuff up, the second one just made things even more locked by adding the 1st locked taskbar thing to the apps in the second.

edit 1: uhm.. first update i gotten in a long time. was the "functionality" update, which made the taskbar programs\apps locked, so i couldnt start them, the second update fixed that, but, it made apps like photos, edge, calculator and store locked so i couldnt open them.

m0nk3n, Aug 10, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    The outcome will be in the event log as here: - we need to know if it succeeded or not.

(I'll change the text of that for clarity looking at it again).

Can't understand that post other than things aren't running properly..

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. windows update wont get fixed - Similar Threads - update wont fixed

2. Windows wont update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont update: Windows wont update thought it was the firewall but even using outside networks it would usually install the updates but now they stay stuck at 0% percent no matter the network you are on....
  3. windows wont update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wont update: cannot get windows to update--keep getting error code 0x800f020b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-update/472fa901-7b60-4bc5-874b-050007506ef5
  4. Windows wont update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont update: Wifi is enabled, but the updater won't work. I've tried working with the windows troubleshooter, but it still won't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-update/d1d97004-7424-4b96-a8c1-31e48258d045
  5. Windows wont update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont update.: So my computer needs an update, otherwise it just turns on at night, only for it to not update, this has been going on for almost 2 months already.the error code is: 0x800f0922the update that is failing to update is: August 10, 2021—KB5005033 20h2and the app readiness tip...
  6. Windows wont update

Windows wont update: Hello, I have been trying to update my windows 10 from version 1909 to the current version, whenever I go onto windows update it tells me that I am not up to date but it never actually installs anything. Then I tried using the media creation tool to update, this gives me an...
  7. How to fix windows cumulative update that wont install

How to fix windows cumulative update that wont install: Windows cumulative update won't finish installation. Installation jumps between 0% and 100% back and forth but does not finish. Have tried restarting the computer as well as update multiple times as well as reinstalling windows but have ran into the same problem. Can...
  8. windows update wont update ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update wont update ?: Hello guys . My windows update will not work . After looking over the internet I am at a loss as to why it wont update . Its been like this for a fair few days now . When I check for updates it searches for an extended period of time until I get a message back saying Error...
  9. Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update

Win10 . wont boot wont repeir wont fix after gigabyth app update: Hello I have big issue with strating my win 10 after making update in gigabtyh app When he get to circle dots its freeze Win10 Usb boot ufei dident work . dvd also I Take out all cards and usbs that was connected. . I try all legecy and uefi methods Take cmos battry...
  10. Windows 10 wont boot, or it gets stuck, wont update, just resets

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wont boot, or it gets stuck, wont update, just resets: Was not simple trying to clarify my problem in a small title. My online classes begin in 5 days, I am desperate here! Here we go. 2 days ago I tried to import pics from my phone to laptop. I have had this laptop only for 3-4 months, and just mainly used it for school. Before...