Windows 10: Windows Update won't install updates

Discus and support Windows Update won't install updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 64bit and it installs updates and does not install them, does not give me an error code it just says error under my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EvanDAmours, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Windows Update won't install updates

I am running windows 10 64bit and it installs updates and does not install them, does not give me an error code it just says error under my previous updates.

:)

EvanDAmours, Oct 5, 2016

2. windows 10 error code 0x80070422

Hello! Windows 10 won't install updates on my PC and my windows 10 update assistant won't update my windows build version due to Error called 0x80070422 i tried everything

Ps: Windows update is Automatic and started

Enforce3002, Oct 5, 2016
  3. FranM12 Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018)

3 other downloads have successfully download but won't install because the Cumulative update won't install. What's the problem Windows. It says it has downloaded the **** update but does nothing to install it. Please help

FranM12, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Update won't install updates

Hi,
    First basics:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

If clear:
    Then try troubleshooting:
    In cortana's search box type Trouble and click Troubleshooting
    In the Control Panel GUI that opens, click Troubleshoot Windows Updates
    Post back the result

If that doesn't help try
    Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool (free).
    Observe the cautious stages, select only the Windows Update repair and run it.
    Test the result and post back.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows Update won't install updates

1. Windows Update won't install updates - Similar Threads - Update won't install

2. Won't install Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Won't install Windows 10 Update: Since about early July my wife's computer (Windows Ultimate, I-5, 8GB desktop) says it has an update, but when you start the update, it takes a very long time (1 hour+) and then ends with this error message: Windows Setup X Windows could not configure one or more system...
  3. These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install

These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install: [ATTACH] These kind of updates is important? Why can't I install? I tried download these pack but it shows can't install What should I do?...
  4. 19H1 Update won't install

19H1 Update won't install: For three days now, Windows 10 has been telling me that "Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.1 (19H1_RELEASE) amd64 2019-03 (3)" is ready to install. So, I follow the instructions and restart and update the computer. The update makes it to 7% to 8% and then the computer...
  5. update won't install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update won't install: Okay so im having issues with the windows 10 updates and im not sure why my pc is working fine but when my pc says shutdown and update or restart and update or anything to do with the new updates for windows 10 my pc starts installing them and shuts down the next day when i...
  6. Windows Update Won't Install Cumulative Updates

Windows Update Won't Install Cumulative Updates: This has been going on since 1709 I'm on 1809 now! My PC just refuses to install cumulative updates always with an error of 0x80070246. Every other update will install fine. Here's everything I've done so far: Tried Different Antivirus Programs: AVG, AVAST, Kaspersky,...
  7. kb4471332 update won't install

kb4471332 update won't install: Hi, kb4471332 update won't install. I have tried several times and every-time it reboots to finalise the install it gets to 94% complete and fails, then has to roll back the update and undoes all the changes. I have done a relatively new clean install of windows 10 as I...
  8. Latest Update Won't Install

Latest Update Won't Install: Whatever update it is - the one from June or July - "couldn't finish installing updates." This has been going on almost every day for too long. Microsoft support hasn't given me a solution to this issue. I've run the troubleshooter several times. Where is the manual...
  9. Update 1803 won't install

Update 1803 won't install: I've been trying to install this update several times but always the same happens. After it gets downloaded and installed from windows update i'm asked to reboot my computer. Everything goes fine throughout the "shutting down" process, I get the message saying that windows is...
  10. Windows 10 won't install the updates nor update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't install the updates nor update.: Hi, I have a bunch of Windows 10 updates ready to be installed but for some reason they never install at all, so I'm wondering how can I get them through so I can download newer updates (if needed)? 28040