Windows 10: Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

Discus and support Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay, I have literally searched on and off for a solution to this issue for roughly 2-3 months now and I am finally breaking down and asking someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hammer280, Jul 9, 2016.

1. hammer280 Win User

Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

Okay, I have literally searched on and off for a solution to this issue for roughly 2-3 months now and I am finally breaking down and asking someone with superior Windows 10 knowledge to help me. Because, I desperately need it.
    Let me take a moment to introduce myself to (what seems to be) a wonderful collection of Windows knowledge -- I'm Joey *Smile
    I have countless hours of experience with windows. As I'm sure you all do, but I was writing programs when I was 7 years old. So, it was extremely humbling of me to ask for help on this SILLY STUPID issue.

So, here it is:

When I first upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1; I loved it. & not to get me wrong, I still do. But, there is this one HUGE issue that has really gotten me irritated with my experience. I have 100% access to my LAN & 100% access to the internet, and Windows even shows that right here
    Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection [​IMG]
    & also right here

I can surf the web with ease, play online pc games, and do 99.9% of everything I should be able to do with an internet connection.

Except when I try to initiate a windows update, this happens.

And I have found virtually zero solutions. Let alone people with the same problem....
    So I come to you all in need of a new windows update, because I guarantee that my windows 10 experience would be a lot more fluid and enjoyable once I am able to get the load of updates that I am sure fixes a lot of the bugs I have came across. And if you didn't notice already, the last update date was in Feb. Lol.

Please help! & Thank you for having me on the forums!

:)

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016

2. E72 problem after software update

I jus updated my E72 software to latest 051.018 version.

after the phone restarted it went to offline mode. it does not recognize my SIM. it wont let me select a network operator because it's in offline mode.i can't type #7370# to reset it, wont let me type anything.

i can't connect it to my pc to reinstall it, to pc wont recognize any connection at all with the phone.

please help

StoleRibarski, Jul 9, 2016
  3. HDMI

Hi my HPdv6 3070tx wont recognize hdmi connection it wont show in added devices and doesn't make the normal sound (bing / bong) I cant find driver updates

craigsawyer, Jul 9, 2016
  4. Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

For such a clueless error, it really looks mysterious. WU has some strange dependencies like DHCP or Windows Firewall. Make sure, that all necessary services are running. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

sc config BFE start= auto
    sc config Dhcp start= auto
    sc config MpsSvc start= auto
    sc config netprofm start= auto
    sc config NlaSvc start= auto
    sc config nsi start= auto
    sc config WinHttpAutoProxySvc start= auto
    sc config lmhosts start= auto
    sc config Wcmsvc start= auto
    sc config NcbService start= demand
    sc config Netman start= demand
    sc config netprofm start= demand
    sc config WinHttpAutoProxySvc start= demand
    sc config WlanSvc start= demand
    sc config WwanSvc start= demand

net start BFE
    net start MpsSvc
    net start nsi
    net start NlaSvc
    net start Dhcp
    net start BITS
    net start Wcmsvc
    net start wuauserv
    net start WinHttpAutoProxySvc

You might also try Windows Update MiniTool. It uses Microsoft Update instead of Windows Update.

TairikuOkami, Jul 9, 2016
  5. hammer280 Win User
    Hey thanks so much for the quick reply (considering what time of night it is here in Ohio) ! I was actually just about to check all of my services when I got back to my desktop, which I just did... But, I checked the forum first and you beat me to my own idea *Party !

I am trying this now, and I will let you know how it goes...

EDIT
    The command line was unsuccessful. Here is a pic *Sad

Will try the microsoft version next!

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016
  6. What kind of AV/firewall do you use? Have you use used any privacy tool to block Windows 10's spying?

It might have blocked something in a firewall or in HOSTS. Make sure, that nothing is blocked in HOSTS:

notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

This should reset Windows Firewall:

netsh advfirewall reset

7. hammer280 Win User
    Didn't change anything :/

And at the moment, solely because of this issue, I have no AV installed whatsoever.

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016
  8. Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection

Now I am starting to get curious, this looks like a really strange issue.

Try changing DNS temporarily, just to make sure, that ISP is not blocking requests.

Manually: How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS to Speed Up Web Browsing or via command:

wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("208.67.222.222","208.67.220.220")

9. hammer280 Win User
    Sorry accidental post, see the following one.

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016
  10. hammer280 Win User
    Did not work either. But, I may be on to something. I check msconfig and my settings were on the "Selective Startup" option. But, I have all the normal services enabled... But, what caught my attention was that for some reason I simply CAN NOT change that back to anything else. Like I am not a system administrator or something... Which I definitely am. It's my computer, lol.

Could that have anything to do with it?

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016
  11. Yes, that could be causing issue, since default config is changed. Maybe deleting policies would help.
    Check those commands and run them in this order, if that does not help, I am lost, running out of ideas.

Anniversary upgrade is coming on July 2th, so maybe wait until then, it will basically reset Windows, if not, maybe reinstall is the only option. If that does not help, it will have to be something caused either by a router or by ISP.

12. hammer280 Win User
    Did you mean the 20th? *Biggrin

& Okay I can finally start to turn this into more of a brainstorming session rather than you just telling me what to do! I am back at my desktop for a good while now so we should be able to figure out a solution *Smile

Yes. This. Once I realized that whenever I tried to do the normal startup; it was not actually normal -_- .... It took me about 5 reboots then after the second to last one, I checked msconfig before I shut it down, then click the normal startup (followed by another restart) the first thing I did when the pc rebooted was check msconfig, and sure enough it was back on the essential startup or whatever its called. So... found the .exe inside of the C:\windows directory and changed the admin properties for all users.

That didn't work and now I am going to change the policies as you have suggested. But, that is a lot of registry code.... I just needed to double check with you that that's what you want me to do

Really appreciate all the help by the way. I have HAD it with this bull****

hammer280, Jul 9, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

What do you show in Device Manager > Network Adapters? Also, right click it, select properties and look on the driver page and see what driver you show.

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  14. essenbe Win User
    The first driver on this page, I believe is the only Windows 10 driver for your board Realtek

Your motherboard lists your LAN Adapter as Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111DL

The Realtek driver above is version 10.009 and dated 6.27/2016.

I believe on that page is also a Windows 10 diagnostic program.

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  15. TairikuOkami, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Update WONT Recognize My Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Update WONT Recognize

2. Wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wont connect to internet: I removed my free Superantivirus program with the window add/delete program. Now I cannot to the internet. I've done the network trouble shooting but it keeps coming up "Not Connected". Everything was working fine until I deleted this program.I have a E-Machine EL 1850 with...
  3. Wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont connect to internet: I removed my free Superantivirus program with the window add/delete program. Now I cannot to the internet. I've done the network trouble shooting but it keeps coming up "Not Connected". Everything was working fine until I deleted this program.I have a E-Machine EL 1850 with...
  4. Wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my pc wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont connect to internet: just got a new pc only to find out it wont connect to any internet connections. it doesn’t show the 802.11 connection in the network adapters. my friend owns the same one as me and his has that but i do not. does anyone know how to fix it? if so please let me know...
  6. my pc wont connect to internet

my pc wont connect to internet: just got a new pc only to find out it wont connect to any internet connections. it doesn’t show the 802.11 connection in the network adapters. my friend owns the same one as me and his has that but i do not. does anyone know how to fix it? if so please let me know...
  7. my pc wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. windows update cant connect to internet wont download updates

windows update cant connect to internet wont download updates: i have tried Everything to reset my network settings. even went as far as reinstalling a fresh version of windows. i can fully access the internet via third party apps. windows just refuses to acknowledge i have an internet connection. I have been on all the threads about...
  9. windows update cant connect to internet wont download updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update cant connect to internet wont download updates: i have tried Everything to reset my network settings. even went as far as reinstalling a fresh version of windows. i can fully access the internet via third party apps. windows just refuses to acknowledge i have an internet connection. I have been on all the threads about...
  10. After updating to windows 10... Internet wont connect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating to windows 10... Internet wont connect?: When I boot up my windows 10 computer now, I have internet for the first 10 seconds and then suddenly, it's taken away Ive rolled back to 8.1 and it works just fine there. Ive looked around and tried different things and suggestions that say it should work. I've tried...