Windows 10: Windows Update Won't Work

Discus and support Windows Update Won't Work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So recently I wanted to download updates for my laptop, because last time I updated was last year. I am running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheStrangeTeste, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Windows Update Won't Work

So recently I wanted to download updates for my laptop, because last time I updated was last year. I am running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and I don't have any antivirus. So I just downloaded Malwarebytes and Avast, because Windows Defender Definition update was stuck at 5% Then, when I installed it I get this: Updates are available. Downloading updates 0%. I ran windows update troubleshooter, and it gave me this error: Potential Windows Update Database error detected. It did't fix it, but everything else is good. It wanted to do some updates stuff when checking for updates, but when I select that, it doesn't do anything. I tried deleting SoftwareDistribution folder, but I can't do it, because Windows Update Service won't stop. I tried using Command Prompt in Admin mode to disable the services, but it still didn't work. What do I do?

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Apr 4, 2017

2. WIndows Defender Update Error - 0x80240022

I am having the same problem -- windows defender won't update -- through windows update or through defender itself. As well -- the newest windows 10 update won't work either.

AmberDawnClark7713a, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Mingo666 Win User
    numbers won't work after windows 10 latest update...

numbers won't work after windows 10 update...They work on google, note pad, word pad, but won't work on AOL, and other websites...

Mingo666, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Windows Update Won't Work

So I just tried using the windows update troubleshooter again after posting, and it started suddenly working. Even the database error got fixed, and now, windows update shows me failed updates and other stuff.
    EDIT: It broke again. It just stopped working. It is stuck at 9% at downloading KB4015438. What do I do?

TheStrangeTeste, Apr 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Start fresh with a clean install of version 1703 (Creator's Update)?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2017
  6. kimkl Win User
    Windows Update Won't Work [​IMG]

Well have been fighting a long battle i fixed silverlight but as you can see, i still have 2 updates that refuse to install, i have ran troubleshooter and so on, im refusing to do a clean "for now *Biggrin" and i see my Xbox app is broke i can't search for apps in start menu anymore so thx MS

kimkl, Apr 6, 2017
  7. Method 1. Reset your Windows 10 PC

Navigate Start > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Reset this PC.
    Then Hit on the Get Started button just below the option to fix Windows 10 'Restoring your previous version of windows' stuck issue.

Method 2. Perform a System Restore or Startup Repair

1. Download Windows 10 media creation tool and create a Windows 10 installation media.
    2. Boot or start your computer from the Windows 10 installation media.
    2. In the Install Windows page, tap 'Repair your computer' to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    3. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    4. Click 'Advanced Options' and then click on 'System Restore' or 'Startup Repair'.

Method 3. Scan for malware

Malware often protects itself by blocking certain services, including Windows Update, System Restore, and your antivirus program. A good scan may help the problem. Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking.

robertosburn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Won't Work

1. Windows Update Won't Work - Similar Threads - Update Won't

2. Windows 10 1903 18362.10024 Won't Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 18362.10024 Won't Update: I have updates waiting to download but I have to select on Fix Issues. And then I get I get Windows 10 Won't Run on this PC followed by You can't install Windows from a USB flash drive using Setup just below. Anybody experience this and/or know what is going on. No issues...
  3. My laptop won't update to 1909 or the new version of .NET Framework

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won't update to 1909 or the new version of .NET Framework: Good evening, I would like to know why this error (0x80073712) is always showing up on my screen. This doesn't allow my computer to update 1903 (or to 1909) and .NET so I am wondering why this happens. I have tried some recommended ways to resolve this issue but I would...
  4. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open: I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about...
  5. Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update Orchestrator Wakes PC, Won't Return to Sleep: Windows 10 laptop keeps waking and will not return to sleep. Checking the Even Viewer, the apparent cause is the Update Orchestrator Service waking it up. This is fine, except that it doesn't put the PC back to sleep. In Power Options -> Sleep -> System Unattended Sleep...
  6. Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com

Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com: Some sites including microsoft.com won't open after Windows 10 update. I've tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox to no avail. I can open all websites from other machines over the same WiFi network. I can open all websites from the same machine if i boot in Mac OS X (it's MacBook Pro)....
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...
  8. acer pc won't update to 1909

acer pc won't update to 1909: I have an ACER M3985 that will not update from Windows 1803. Reason I found is that this model does not support Windows after 1803 Windows version(confirmed by Acer). Maybe others many want to check with there PC maker as this could be possible issues with other PC makes....
  9. "Type Here to Search", Wifi, Notification Center, and Windows Update Center won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Type Here to Search", Wifi, Notification Center, and Windows Update Center won't load: SPECS -Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) -Dell Precision M4700 (laptop) -Quad Core i7 -AMD FirePro Graphics -16 GB RAM Alright so here is my issue. About 4 months ago (I've put up with it for awhile) I encountered strange issues when clicking on either the "type...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: My laptop just did a forced Microsoft update for windows 10 and now won't boot at all. All I get is the windows boot manager restarting on a permanent loop with the status 0xc0000225. I cannot get to the advanced options or anything else other than the uefi settings. I do not...