Windows 10: I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

Discus and support I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanaWells1, Sep 16, 2019.

1. I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

it ?

:)

DanaWells1, Sep 16, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

My experience was that disabling Windows Update service works for a while until suddenly that service is magically enabled again and starts updating everything.

W1zzard, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Good to know, i will check later to see if it's still disabled.

Knoxx29, Sep 16, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable - Similar Threads - disabled update enable

2. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  3. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  4. How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I re-enable the admin account Windows 10: This was after I disabled the admin account after I used it for quite some time on my mother's laptop 3-ish years, didn't do any changes nor did I edit anything major. Now I can't run any apps requiring admin privileges. I tried to run both powershell and command prompt as...
  5. windows update disabled how do i enable it ?

windows update disabled how do i enable it ?: I was downloading an app from Microsoft store and as it started to install it got an error. when I checked the error it says that windows update is disabled. I went to windows update and security in settings, and I found that it was saying something went wrong try again...
  6. How do I re-enable Life At A Glance in Windows 10

How do I re-enable Life At A Glance in Windows 10: the last update for windows 10 version 2004 removed life at a glance programs when you click on the window button you need to come out whit a fix Steve...
  7. Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Twice now Windows 10 has re-enabled Windows Update and restarted my system. How do I...: Both times I was in the middle of some important multi-day data crunching. I've checked event viewer, filtering for ID 1074 , 6006 and 6008 and it appears RuntimeBroker has requested the shutdown on behalf of Windows Update - Which was disabled. To be clear: I would rather...
  8. How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?: We have a laptop that has a bad touchscreen. The rest of the machine is fine but the touchscreen takes over the system. When we disable it, the user is able to work on the system just fine. But if they log off or reboot (or Microsoft does one of those forced updates we can't...
  9. How do I re-enable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable Cortana?: I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry Now, I don't know...
  10. How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable OneDrive in Win 10?: Hi all I deactivated OneDrive when I installed Win 10 last year as I was paying for Dropbox Pro and didn't need OneDrive duplicating cloud services. I've now cancelled my Dropbox sub as I have a year free of OneDrive, but I can't work out how to re-enable OneDrive in...