Windows 10: Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

Discus and support Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated and restarted my computer last night and when I went to login, it kept repeating the same error message. When I was finally able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulietaSanjuan, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

I just updated and restarted my computer last night and when I went to login, it kept repeating the same error message. When I was finally able to login, I noticed that my background screen had changed to a normal windows blue screen. Thinking this was weird, I went to my file explorer and noticed that all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted. I am not sure what happened, but I would like to have all of my files back if possible. I tried following the recovery steps and it did nothing. I am not sure what to do and have tried restarting my computer already and logging out of my account and logging back in. All of my internet tabs were also closed which isn't that big of a deal, however, the files on my laptop being deleted is and I was wondering if there was any way to get them back because all of my school work was in those folders and in the file explorer.

:)

JulietaSanjuan, Feb 18, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

unable to remove/delete the sign in picture/s

To remove the profile picture, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show hidden files to be able to remove/delete profile photos.

• On the Search bar, type File Explorer Options.
    • Open File Explorer Options and click View tab.
    • Locate Hidden files and folders and click on Show hidden files, folders, and drivers radio button.

Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted 7f4c0a99-fa24-4729-ab29-42c54f9cf883.png
    Step 2: Delete the profile picture.

• Press Win+R on your keyboard to open Run command box.
    • Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures and press Enter.

Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted d754d03b-209f-400c-8d5b-3eca92a91a9d.png
    Feel free to post back with the result.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

1. Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted - Similar Threads - Update files including

2. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  3. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  4. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  5. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.: Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to...
  6. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  7. my wan miniports were all deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my wan miniports were all deleted: ok, so i was trying to configure a gamecube controller adapter for my pc, and i installed something called zadig to install drivers for the adapter. I had the adapter plugged in and i clicked on something that appeared to be the name for the it, and replaced the drivers....
  8. After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.

After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.: I am a high school student and I just updated windows last night and for some strange reason ALL of my files were deleted without a single trace of where they've gone. This worries me because I had several school documents and family pictures on it. Could I get an explanation...
  9. All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.

All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.: After an Windows update last night I discovered that all my files on my C: drive were gone. At first I could not even log in on my account. Which is odd beacuse I don't use a password on my user profile since I am the only one using this computer. I restared the computer but...
  10. Windows 10 Update deleted all my pictures and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update deleted all my pictures and files: Windows automatically updated my computer and all my files are gone. I did not realize this until well after so I cannot just revert back to my previous as it is too late. I've tried looking for the .old file and there is nothing in it. I had pictures from 4 years+ on my...