Windows 10: Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible

Discus and support Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows decided to update my computer with new wonderful security updates. Now Windows 10 is so secure, it don't log in with my account. Long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kaityf, Mar 3, 2018.

1. kaityf Win User

Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible

Windows decided to update my computer with new wonderful security updates. Now Windows 10 is so secure, it don't log in with my account.

Long story made short - I had transferred files and programs from one computer to this one via Laplink (Yes, it's possible to transfer files AND programs with it). So I ended up somehow with different user accounts. I never had a problem - until now with this latest update.

My files and programs are still on the computer, but they are buried in the User's section of the PC. That means that ALL the programs, files, settings - everything - that always showed up on the desktop when I logged on are gone. I can access the files, but not by the simple route of opening the documents folder. No... I have to go to This PC, then Users, then the other user, then documents, then find the file.

I have loads of programs I don't have access to anymore, including Word and my email client.

I tried restarting to see if I could log on to a different account, but there's only one available that I can see. Anyone know how to solve this problem. Reinstalling ALL the programs so I have access to them on this other generic account would be a fricking nightmare.

:)

kaityf, Mar 3, 2018
  2. Deanna151 Win User

Hi Ugo,

Heres the screen.
    Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible [​IMG]

Deanna151, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Deanna151 Win User

Hi,

When the laptop turns on the first screen that shows the time and date appears, then when you click the screen to go to the sign in screen, the time and date moves upwards and nothing else appears. It then goes back to the first screen. There's no error
    message and the screen goes black sometimes but not always.

I have tried to enter safe mode but it won't work. This is probably because you're supposed to on the sign in screen to enter safe mode.

Deanna151, Mar 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible

1. Windows Updated - Old log in not accessible - Similar Threads - Updated Old log

2. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  3. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  4. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop: Hello. I am trying to log into an old laptop to retrieve some photo files. The Windows password I have recorded does not work. I tried to reset the password, but the system is telling me that I need a recovery disk--which I do not have have. Then I tried to reset using the...
  5. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop: Hello. I am trying to log into an old laptop to retrieve some photo files. The Windows password I have recorded does not work. I tried to reset the password, but the system is telling me that I need a recovery disk--which I do not have have. Then I tried to reset using the...
  6. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Old log on info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old log on info: How do I remove old user ID information to log in to my bank. When I log in to my bank I have to input a User ID. I have a few wrong attempts and just want to tidy it up. Cheers.....
  8. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.: I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.) How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?...
  9. Issue with logging in on to old laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with logging in on to old laptop: Here is the deal. Long time ago (6 months or so) I installed windows 10 on my old laptop. Today I accidentally locked my stuff (new laptop, everything) at the office, so decided to go home and use my old laptop for work. However, I have already updated my windows profile with...
  10. Logging in and Internet access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in and Internet access: I just got a little netbook with windows 10 as its OS. Like many other people, I'm having issues with the whole password business. It wanted my 4 digit pin, but wouldn't accept it until I connected to the internet, at which point it was happy. The bottom line for me: I DO...