Windows 10: Windows Updated ruins the day again

Discus and support Windows Updated ruins the day again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Nearly every Windows Update i have to manually delete and reinstall all my drivers to properly use my PC again. Why cant i choose to ignore Updates or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Norbert Müller, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows Updated ruins the day again

Nearly every Windows Update i have to manually delete and reinstall all my drivers to properly use my PC again.

Why cant i choose to ignore Updates or just get seciurity updates since i will delete everything else or simply wont use it if i cant delete it. I simply dont want to invest an hour of my free time to fix my system after every update so please just stop forcing updates which allways mess up someones system.

:)

Norbert Müller, Jul 24, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jul 24, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated ruins the day again

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updated ruins the day again :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updated ruins the day again

1. Windows Updated ruins the day again - Similar Threads - Updated ruins again

2. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  3. Windows update ruines sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruines sound: EVerytime, I still dont know what procedures i go through to fix it, a bunch of random reboots and frustration and it starts working again. The headphone jack doesnt know its plugged in, this is a software issue, the smart jack is so smart. Sound test works playing through...
  4. Windows ruined my day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ruined my day: I noticed that the new feature news and interests added to Taskbar 5 days ago.. and I set my preferences and it's good. Today I was so busy and I noticed that The feature is disappeared..! Why? IDKGoogled it 1,000,000 time and a lot of people with same problem!I'm so busy...
  5. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  6. Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days: 2nd forced update in less than 2 weeks - and the only updates I observe are the missing passwords from my supposed to have been save passwords.....seems like a slick way of getting my passwords. And a prompt I have never seen before the update 2 weeks ago which forced me to...
  7. Update ruined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined computer: Hi guys. I’m not an expert but I’m reasonably tech savvy and can follow instructions. My computer has an SSD, plenty of room and I’ve never had a problem with it. It has been the perfect computer until I installed the latest updates. Audio doesn’t work at all and the...
  8. Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?

Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?: So a few ywars ago i left college and my folks bought me all the equipment id need to make it as a geaohic artist. The works, including a mighty fine laptop. 1 day after the one year warrenty ran out, while on an island for vacation, a windows 10 update shut down my laptop,...
  9. windows 10 asks for activation again and again every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 asks for activation again and again every day: Hi After 6 months without any problem, my windows 10 pro asks every day for activation. I activate but next day demands reactivate and every day the same. I purchased from a retailer. What is about? Thank you...
  10. Will my windows update one day work again?

Will my windows update one day work again?: Hi, I encounter bugs and issues with Windows update which doesn't want to propose Something else than the 1803 05C at the moment. I keep reinstalling from Windows DVD of 1709 but i m not able to see Something else than the 1803 which is now outdated. My guess is that...